Sobriety - For real this time

I don’t know where to start. I feel like I’ve been here many times before. Taking a month off here and there and feeling “cured”, but I never am. Now is the time to be sober, not just for a month or two months, but for life. I will take it day by day though. These early days are the easy part, I have been here before. I know everyday will get harder, especially after one and two months (the longest I’ve been sober). But I want and need this to live a healthier life moving forward. My family deserve it. Thanks for your support in advance. Jason

20 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

You have already started in my eyes, i believe posting our thoughts to this community alone can have a great impact on rewiring the brain. As an alchoholic I always felt is was not valuable to share my problems with alchohol. But ive learned that Im missing out on so much support by not doing it. We are cheering you on every second. Congratulations on your strong actions of expressing your desire to stop💪🏾

5 Likes

Welcome back. It is possible. Check in whenever you need some support there is always someone here. I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes

I’ve started and stopped many times. I think that just means I wasn’t truly ready. But, just going through the motions of stopping for a while is good practice and shows that you want to make a change. You’ll get there!! Keep fighting the good fight, fight for your sobriety, fight for a life you deserve, fight for peace. Take it one day at a time, give yourself some grace and just keep trying. When you’re struggling stop by this platform and share your struggles. You have an entire army of people behind you who won’t judge and have been where you’re at. You’ve got this!!

3 Likes

Hi Jason! You’ve started at just the right place–where we all start: at the beginning! The beginning of a new chapter in our lives with new opportunities to do and feel better. Sometimes it’s hard, and sometimes it’s easy but it’s always worth the effort. When it’s hard, the kind folks here will be here to help you through, and when it’s easy we’ll be here to help celebrate. :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome back Jason.
This sounds really overwhelming. Like clenching your teeth and giving all your willpower into not drinking. What helped me was focusing on what space the not drinking opened for me. Not the loss but what I gained: waking up hungoverfree, having recollection about what happened the night before, not being ashamed of what I had maybe written or not.
Welcome to TS and this amazing community :upside_down_face:

3 Likes