Sobriety - From The Beginning: Journal Entries, Aides, Practices and Pitfalls

Your describing my day today. I’m about to go to a meeting right now. Thanks for sharing your story. Really, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Hi @Don!

I’m happy this thread helps you relate. If you don’t mind my asking, how far along are you?

As I mentioned, I’m writing this three weeks ahead of when I felt it - I did this intentionally so I can reflect, but I can say that two day ago on Day 25 I really hit emotional rock bottom and wanted to end it all, so the struggle continues for weeks after.

Please check back in on how you’re feeling after your meeting and this morning!

Best,

Chris

1 Like

Last night the darkness crept up into my mind. I was bewildered thinking that not drinking was the battle . Drinking was only the anesthetic to my darkness. The battle is my soul.

1 Like

That’s an awesome acknowledgment! Recently I started taking a mental inventory of all the shit that’s happened to me since I started drinking daily. Now I feel like I’m re-visiting each and every one them -

It’s almost like boot camp - I’m not gonna get stronger until I’m torn down to the bone and rebuilt with the proper foundation!

1 Like

Hi Guys!

In additional to writing about my journaling here, I’ve been working on getting some things up and running on a more interactive level as well.

I wanted to share this with you, and get your thoughts as I grow it - This takes us back to Day 1 with a bit of back story to fill in the blanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI7QMQl38Qw

1 Like

This is my third day.

The meeting went well. I got a little choked up when I spoke which I didn’t expect. I think it’s because that was the first time I told anyone about how I hide alcohol. Today is my birthday. It’ll be the first in over a decade I’m not wasted.

I hope you’ve bounced back from day 25 and I’m looking forward to your updates.

Thanks for listening,

Don

2 Likes

Proud of you @Don. Stick with it brother. We all got your back! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Day 10
August 3, 2017
$253 Saved

Wow. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday was REALLY hard. My head space really is a tangled dark web.

Needless to say, feeling better today. - Still really tired, but feeling stable.

Had a good meeting last night, and things at home have settled.

Hard to believe we are already moving into another weekend. More to come later!

1 Like

Hi Guys -

I’m sorry for my recent absence - Been a wild week (which I’ll explain more in my Day 30 Post) - Meanwhile - The first month of journaling continues

Day 12
August 5, 2017
$315 Saved

Sorry about missing (Day 11) yesterday - the day just got away from me!!!

Thing are markedly better since my midweek meltdown. Still 100% sober. I was planning on attending a morning meeting today but they change the time - I still had an amazing 16 mile bike ride nonetheless!

I got some other chores done and I can’t believe it - I’m actually RELAXING on the sofa and not craving a drink!

Here’s t a beautiful day!

2 Likes

Awesome work!!! Keep it up…one day at a time…one minute at a time…even sometimes one second at a time!!!

2 Likes