Sobriety Habits

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here but I think being immersed in this community will help greatly with my sobriety. Once again I thought I had this thing solved and only a few beers in I went straight to get some coke. Not in self pity as it’s pointless and I clearly made the decision myself. I think incorporating good habits is the key rather than white knuckling this. I’m a regular at the gym but still want to fill more free time to occupy my mind.

I’m flying to Sydney, Australia in less than a month which I’m very excited for to then start travelling north along the East coast. I think a complete change of routine will help me and I’m very excited for it. I’m hoping it will change my outlook on things a little.

9 Likes

Welcome back :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Glad you’re back with us, and amongst the living!

Too many folks end up with early heart failure from going fast–(coke/crack/meth). You don’t need that shit. The drink makes us open to all shorts of poor thought processes. You don’t need it either.

Traveling is fun & healthy but I always remind myself that no matter where I go, I’ll still be right there…

Healthy habits during travel: museums, theaters, hiking trails, biking to name a few. Oh, and stay out of the bars/clubs!

6 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

If sobriety was a side effect of healthy habits, there wouldn’t be a need for Talking Sober.

I got sober when I made my daily routine 100% about staying sober that day. AA meetings, individual and group counseling, daily accountability, Antabuse were what I used.

You can check out these threads for ideas.

5 Likes

This. Doing a geographic rarely helps with anything. You need to work on the root causes. Before you go really get cracking on a sober program. Get fixed into your brain that the first drink is the most important, and all the reasons drinking and using is damaging you.
I hope you have a wonderful trip. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hey @SoberDays12
I’m in Australia and it is one of the most expensive places for Coke, if that made you heart sink maybe you need to put your sobriety first :broken_heart:
Had a quick look back and it seems last time you were on the forum you were struggling quite badly and working on a cruise ship, I’m not saying this to be an asshole but just pointing out that changing a location does not usually change a addiction.
I know because I did a runner from Australia to the Uk many years back it solved nothing, I was just hurting myself further from home.
If you’re serious this time get active now about recovery :pray:

2 Likes