Sobriety Journal (2.0)

Hello Everyone.

My name is Kyuhl. I’m currently 72 hours into my new life. I am addicted to oxycodone, and I have been a daily user for about 3 years. It’s your typical story. Started as a recreational thing on the weekends, bled into the weekdays, and sure enough, daily use.

For the first two years it was a manageable issue. Plenty of connects, good prices, etc. However, the past year and a half, my connects dried up and desperation led to not having a penny to my name and increasing isolation from friends and family. My hobbies and interests went by the wayside. I was on the well-worn path of destruction that is addiction.

After several starts and stops in recovery, I find myself here, three days clean. The withdrawal is full-blown. I have eased this process taking micro-doses of subutex. I plan to cease the subutex within two weeks. I do not want to just allow my addiction to manifest in another drug.

I am making this topic to track my progress, and to hold myself accountable. I managed to get two hours of sleep last night, and I resigned myself to the fact that sleep will come sparingly.

Things I do to keep myself busy and clean:

Workout/Exercise
Read/Write
Listen to music
Spend time with my lovely girlfriend of four years.
Annoy my cats and dog

I am deeply humbled in my heart. We are all making our way through a life that sometimes takes control of us. Sometimes we fall, sometimes we get lost and it takes a lot of time before we find our way home. But I truly believe we can all achieve happiness, because happiness is however you define it. It is whatever you want it to be. But it has to be YOUR happiness. On YOUR terms. In the haze of drugs, alcohol, and overindulgence in general, you lose sight of happiness in your terms.

Your inspiration, guidance and encouragement will surely help me to day 7, then a month, then half a year, and then that beautiful one year. I hope to find happiness on my own terms. I long to be free.

2 Likes

Hello Kyuhl, welcome and well done for getting through the first 72 hours, a great start.
It looks like you are determined and you have a plan in place. Keep posting and reading other threads, you will find many similarities, a lot of hope and many wonderful people who are on the same journey.

2 Likes

Hey there friend! Well done on 3 days. You sound like you have experience with recovery programs and are pointed in a good direction. I have found that being in this forum everyday, making at least one or two posts everyday, has helped keep me grounded and accountable. I now have almost 13 months under my belt and I couldn’t have done it without the people here. Stay strong man! I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread, watching your progress.

3 Likes