Just love being sober

11 Likes

I sure do too :hugs:

3 Likes

Doesn’t suck.

6 Likes

Lol @SassyRocks :hugs:

3 Likes

I woke up this morning feeling fresh, no headache, no exhaustion, no guilt, no regrets. I’ve woken up this way every day for nearly 2 weeks. Feels great.

This is a gift I can give myself every day, should I choose…and that’s pretty awesome!

6 Likes

Thanks hugs to u too

2 Likes

It is great waking up feeling good. You definely add by subtracting. And you have a lot of extra time on your hands.

3 Likes

Yes I never really appreciated a beautiful morning sober it was hard figuring out what to do with my free time at first usually I drank when I was drinking now I read a lot and spend time with my animals sober

3 Likes

Currently 8am on a warm summers morning. Usually on a Sunday I’d be hungover in bed until at least midday. Today I’m up, cup of tea in the garden, feeling fresh and getting ready for a workout. Happy sobriety everyone :grin:

5 Likes

Word.

I can’t say I’m full of energy in the mornings (it’s 10:10 am on Sunday here and I’m still in bed, lol) but I do love the rested mind I have now. Not worrying about what I did the day before and not feeling anxious about getting my next drink. Feels good :grin:

3 Likes

Totally understand I don’t have to go through my phone in the mornings wondering if I sent crazy texts to people bc I couldn’t remtwhat I did while I was drunk and I go to bed early now

3 Likes

It’s 06:37. Had to take my in-laws to the airport, as they set-out for a 2-week Alaskan cruise. Woke up feeling like I have been the victim of a mugging. Bruised an sore…and I feel fantastic. Fantastic that I can do this for them, as they do so much for me. Bruised and sore not from some alcohol-induced accident, but from passing a grueling 3-hour Krav Maga belt-test on Friday night, something I had trained 5 months for.

Got back from the airport, made steak, eggs and homefries for my wife and daughter, who ate and went back to bed.

I’ll hit the early service at church, and will have accomplished more before 10am than many will get done all day.

Sober is who I am.

5 Likes

You’re not kidding! Much better than the alternative. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And I’m not saying it’s always easy day 29 was really hard for me for some reason

1 Like