Sobriety Playlist - please feel free to add

I know this has probably been done loads before on here but as music is a really positive force for me I wanted to share some songs that I have started compilingin a playlist to help me It’d be great for others to add theirs. You may not have even heard of some and they’re not all about getting sobre/clean, in some it might be just one line that strikes a chord or my own interpretation. I’m trying to mix the mood, some are quite dark and others really upbeat and positive.

1. Old Red Eyes Is Back - The Beautiful South - the lead singer’s message to his future self about what will happen to him if he doesn’t take control of his alcohol habits.
  2. Ca Plan Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand - this whacky 70s electro punk tune literally translates as ‘The Plan For Me’ and I find it a perfect soundtrack to thinking about how I’m going to beat alcohol and the energy I’ll get from being sober.
  3. Johnny Come Home - Fine Young Cannibals. Just one line in this does it for me: “What is wrong, in my life, that I must get drunk every night”. I was 13 when this came out and I’d sing along to that line totally oblivious to its connotations, now I find it a great way to think twice about having a drink.
  4. Chadelier - Cia - this one comes courtesy of @desert_rose who mentioned it in reply to my first post on here. Always liked this song but never really studied the lyrics, amazing!
  5. Demons - Imagine Dragons - speaks for itself really, reminds me of the really dark times and how I don’t want to go back there.
  6. This is The Day - The The - for me a song about being able to hide my problem and supposedly function as normal but at the same time realising how much I was missing out on. Reminds me of all the mornings after a heavy night vowing to stop.
  7. Numb - Linkin Park - I know the sentiment of this is totaly different but my interpetation is how the drunk me has taken over my life and the struggle to overcome him.
  8. Free - The Soup Dragons - an upbeat one to end on, that feeling I want to feel when I don’t need a drink and how I don’t need alcohol to enjoy life - as much as my drunk version of me might tell me I do
3 Likes

On my current list i have Im still standing by Elton John

5 Likes

Please have a look there

Communal Spotify Playlist

Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

2 Likes

Ah that’s great, I was hoping there’d be a Spotify list, thanks!

1 Like