Sobriety so far

Its been awhile since i checked in on this platform and alot has been going on. The desire for alcohol and drugs has not come back so far which is very good. Whats been getting to me is life which i had a wee bit of a struggle with the last few weeks. I havnt worked in a few months so ive been home alone most days and i think ive been suffering from cabin fever of sorts :joy: i thought my friends in AA were talking about me behind my back and that they where sick of me which was just my mind playing tricks on me as ive been alone alot and overthinking everything. But from AA i learned to voice my feelings and my friends where very supportive and concerned that i was thinking like that and have been very good to me and ive tried to be good to them in return. The stars have a-lined just the way my higher power wants it in my opinion as ive a fantastic opportunity to join the Irish defence forces which ive always been interested in but wasnt mentally or physically ready for the commitment (as a result of my addiction and mental health issues) and i am now so motivated and excited for this huge step in my life and ready for the next step in my journey in life. I am so grateful for my sobriety that I’ve achieved through attending regular AA recovery meetings and being spiritually connected to my higher power as I understand it. Through patience and prayer ive regained my peace and ive never felt better. So my point is not to give up when you hit a little speed bump in recovery as it will pass. I hope this helps someone as other people have helped me. 8 months sober and looking forward :pray::heart::ireland:

5 Likes

@MiniBehan01
I enjoyed reading your post.
Congrats on 8 months. :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles:
Yeah, Life happens and Life and HP teaches us through it.
So stay strong in your recovery and stick with your HP, Life will reveal so many wonderous things when your open and ready for it.
PEACE

2 Likes