Softly softly catchy monkey! 5 days!

I haven’t been sober for longer than 5 days for a very long time. Today is my day 5 and for the first time for as long as I can remember, I was having a craving, went to the shop but got there and said to myself “not today”. I walked right passed the wine and went to find Haribo instead. I recently read somewhere that it is possible to crush wine craving by eating sweet things. I’m actually starting believe that.

Feeling really strong today. If I can do 5 days, I think now I can do 7! Softly softly! One at a time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

we eat now and worry about the weight when we are stronger and more settled in our recovery, or be like me and just eat chocolate forever :yum::yum::yum:, so yeah replace the sugar that your body is used to and drink plenty of water to replace the fluids that your body is used to. Well done on 5 days, don’t worry about day 7 concentrate on day 6. There is no rush to get anywhere bc your doing fine just where you are. Now I want fizzy haribos so thanks for that :grin::+1:

3 Likes

You are correct.
Have a search around on here using the magnifying glass above.
There are loads of topics relating to swapping alcohol for sugar.
It’s to do with the sugars in alcohol I think, don’t quote me, I’m not very technical! :joy:
Just go with it, unfortunately if you’re like me, what was already a mahoosive sweet tooth got even bigger.
I’m now dealing, slowly, with this addiction.
But, at least I’m sober.

3 Likes

I’ve never had much of a sweet tooth and it felt weird buying several packets of Haribo, not really knowing what most of them are like! It’s kinda fun finding out though. And it seems to have done the trick. Craving has all but vanished! For today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, you did something new, something you probably wouldn’t do often.
It’s bound to stop the cravings it’s made you think about something else.
That’s all it takes to get past these early days.
Just change the thought pattern by doing something.

1 Like

Well done on being strong and buying haribos rather than booze. 5 days is mega!! I couldn’t of managed in the early days without the sweet stuff. If you think the Haribos were awesome try ice cream!!! Oh my god, amazing stuff!!! Every sober day you are getting stronger and stronger… I’m on 400+ days now and my craving for sweet stuff is hardly there and neither is the craving for booze, except when I’m totally stressed but that’s one of my triggers. Good job, keep going and keep letting us know how you’re doing. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations on day 5! And nice job choosing the Haribo :+1: It is my fifth day too so hands up for 5 sober days! :clap:

1 Like