Someone please help me get sober

please help me get sober. i need to get sober for my girlfriend. i need to stop cutting. its almost an addiction. and i need to stop. im a 14 year old girl and im going through a lot and i need better coping mechanisms, please help !

2 Likes

HI Becca,
Well done for reaching out for help. It’s the first step and it’s a brave one. You say you need to stop for your girlfriend? What about yourself? Think of how you can improve life for the both of you and use that as a goal. If you’re doing this to please someone else it’s not going to work. You need to do it for yourself as well.

There’s loads and loads of resources and people to reach out to on here when you’re struggling so use them! It also sounds like you might need to speak to a professional, I don’t know where you’re based but do a quick google for help lines in your country if you don’t want ti see a family doctor.

All the best x

4 Likes

Cutting is only the symptom of deeper problems. Are you going to a counsellor or therapy? You need to address the root causes of why you want to cut in the first place. Here you can find support and encouragement on your journey to a place where you don’t want to hurt yourself.

2 Likes

Welcome Becca, it’s lovely to meet you. Well done on reaching out and admitting that you have a problem, that is such a big step to take! I’m sorry that you are going through this. Is it possible that you could go to the doctor and try to get some counselling? I’m sending you strength and rooting for you with all that I have :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome, can you share you struggles with someone you really trust like famoly or teacher, there could be a lot of different options for you, as even thou this forum is great I feel you nned a more tailored approach and extra support, keep sharing. Xx

1 Like

Please reach out to a teacher in my line of profession many girls and boys have come to me as a safe adult to confined In And I promise there is in your school (if you attend) … Or find a local youth drug/alcohol service by you… Go see your doctor even if it’s on your own… You need a support network and dealing with this stuff now the right way will give you the best coping mechanisms…

Use your money on some different activities not on booze, self harming yourself is a way of trying to deal with a situation you feel is out of control and for you at this age you should feel safe and should be open about your problems… Your thoughts might feel scarey but talking about them you’ll find people can relate your never alone x

2 Likes