Something good, something bad, something random

Rent. Goonies. Tonight.

(And I loved Out of Africa.)

3 Likes

Good: didnā€™t lash out in meeting with manager.
Bad: received PIP (performance improvement plan).
Random: Afraid of movie E.Tā€¦it is literally a monster in the closet hiding amongst stuffed animals, terrifying for a 12 year old.

4 Likes

Good: I made it through one of the craziest weeks in the operating room and all patients were safe! 10 days sober for me.

Bad: I canā€™t complain much but my relationship with my husband is suffering. We work opposite schedules because we cannot afford daycare for our girls (who can?). We have no us time together. I didnā€™t seem to care when I was drunk off my ass every night but now that I am sober, I long for more time with him.

Random: I played the trumpet for many years. Iā€™ve played in the Miami Orange bowl and the Kennedy center in DC. I miss those days.

4 Likes

Good : My four year old is about to lose his first toothā¤.

Bad:. My four year old is about to lose his first toothšŸ˜­.

Random:. @changern - I also played trumpet for many years, all the way through college! I miss those days too.

3 Likes

The good: Weā€™re having outdoor movie night with the neighbors kids while their parents are out of the concert.

The bad: see above + I donā€™t yet know how to work the projector. And, you know, four kids is a lot for many hours.

Random: I played the trumpet for two years in elementary school and my son was just assigned the trumpet for his beginning middle school band class!

4 Likes

Have you @changern have you tried nanny sharing with a coworker? Thatā€™s how they cut their child care costs in half, working opposite shifts from my first husband was one of the many reasons we didnā€™t make it.

Good: My handsome man friend is over and weā€™re having a little pizza/ cuddle party!

Bad: My joints. They just arenā€™t functioning without serious pain this week.

Random fact: I consider myself to be my own best friend.

6 Likes

Both can be very frightening lol

I think i have every line of that movie memorized. Watched it a million times as a kid!

2 Likes

The best part being with friends all the day long.
The worst part I can not take a shower it us broken :pensive:
The random I donā€™t end the day yet

2 Likes

No we have not considered that. That is a great idea though.

7:25am soooo farā€¦

Good: husband cuddles and coffee delivered to bed.

Bad: I could not feel comfortable enough with my anxiety to let go of my coping distractionsā€¦ phone, science or history documentaries, window shopping on Amazon until like 2am (for the record I go to bed about 9:30- 10:00) and yes I have my blue light filters on 100% of the time.

Random: today Iā€™m spending the day, last minute, creating a synchronized swimming suit for my 14 year old daughter because tomorrowā€™s champs and she doesnā€™t like to stand out but I finally got her to cave in on a compromise suit. Has to be ready by 5am tomorrow. Her music is a mash up of songs from the movie Muana. :bikini::sweat_drops::shell::fish::tropical_fish::rooster::butterfly::hibiscus::four_leaf_clover::seedling::palm_tree::blossom::cherry_blossom::coconut::swimming_woman::woman_climbing::desert::mountain::mount_fuji::volcano::rowing_woman::ocean::drum:

P.s. I LOVE papaya but it is pretty hard to find fresh ripe papaya, and when it isnā€™t ripe itā€™s pretty gross.

2 Likes

Whats a blue light filter?

I have no idea if heā€™s ok. According to my husband 2 police cars came, went to both of his neighbors doors and talked to them and then left without even addressing the house in question. I hope so.

The cotton in the vitamin bottles hurts my teeth then I touch it, itā€™s like nails on a chalk board or a fork scraping a plate. I have a whole negative physical reaction when I touch it. Idk whyā€¦

The good: I went to the beach with my boy today and we had a good time with just the two of us

The needs to be improved: His driving and coming home lol

Random fact: I canā€™t stand my thighs touching. I sleep with a pillow between my legs and I always wear shorts, even with a dress.

3 Likes

I sleep with a pillow between my legs too. No thigh touching!

1 Like

The good: Iā€™m not sore at all today

The bad: I just ate chocolate frosting on strawberries and now Iā€™m happy and content but totally lacking motivation

Random fact: True Romance is my all time favorite movie

6 Likes

The good: today is 6 weeks! Chris and I are going out to dinner to celebrate.

The bad: Iā€™ve been really tired and unmotivated in the last week. Iā€™m not sure why.

The random: I am one degree away from Kevin Bacon. And the game 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon was created at my college.

5 Likes

That might be the coolest thing ever!!!

So does that make me three degrees from Kevin bacon. Cause if I know you from the forum and the game was created at your school :thinking::thinking: hmm lol

1 Like

Good: Went to the annual St. George Days, saw a good friend kill it on his bag pipes, visited my grandma and left her some shells and sea glass on her headstone (we always collected it together), and then visited my Grandpa :heart::heart:

Bad: My fiance is getting drunk (again) tonight with friends while Iā€™m spending quality time with my boys.

Random: Keeping on the subject of my Grandmother, the lighthouse in the movie ā€œForrest Gumpā€ is where she worked in retirement. She and I both had the pleasure of meeting Tom Hanks during the shooting of the movie!

5 Likes