Sometimes I still feel like I'm suffocating - but it's getting better 😊

Yes but above all for yourself for your health, for your sanity, for longevity, and happiness.

The other day after work I went downtown, and it was a nice breeze at the end of the day around 7pm the day was winding down, and the restaurants, and bars patios were full, and people were drinking, laughing, and having a good ole time I was somewhat nostalgic that I used to be able to do that, but then I remembered that I would go home, and get blackout drunk after going out with friends maybe call into work, and spend my whole day in bed I don’t want that life anymore. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Awe hope you had a good happy 4th I’m around 90 days also.

1 Like

I had a lovely 4th of July, thank you - quiet but present for my hubby and kids. Made a cool drink of sprite and cranberry juice and really enjoyed it while trying to get into a new book (unsuccessfully :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

hope you had a good one as well - and congrats on your 90 days! :tada:

1 Like

I’ve been back to the US for a few days now…the easy access to alcohol has not tempted me so far. I’m lucky that my hubby has been super supportive of me.

When we met with old friends for dinner, who poured a glass of wine for me (I didn’t mention anything to them, still feel quite awkward and embarassed by the whole topic of “why I’m not drinking”), I clinked glasses then put it down close to him. He had my glass and I asked for a coke zero. “Aren’t you drinking?” they asked. “I have an important work call early tomorrow” I answered, which was true. And that was that.

I know there will be a few times during this vacation that I will surely want a drink. But I’m focusing on each day, and only on that day.

I’m running first thing in the morning each day, and it feels wonderful to do so without a hangover or feeling still dizzy. Very grateful to be completely in the moment, with no blurryness in my mind. Very grateful to enjoy this precious time with my family. After the vacation, work will be distracting and trying, so I’m making sure to enjoy the time off to the fullest. :heart:

Celebrated buying a pair of awesome heels that I wanted to buy for a very long time! So happy!!

ODAAT :heart:

3 Likes

How are you doing, @Ker16 ? Hope all is well!

Hi there, so sorry for taking so long to reply but my family came over from the UK. Hadn’t seen them for 3 years! Have started drinking again but not as much. However I still want to quit! Why does it have to be so bloody hard!! You are doing amazing and inspire me!! :heart:

1 Like

Hope you had a nice time visiting with family :heart:

I tried drinking not as much, but it eventually always escalated.

I’m going to have the next two days all by myself and I’m very aware that this is the type of situation that led me to overdo it big time.

Have no alcohol in the house and plan to be occupied for the next 48 hours. Just been through the airport and managed to steer clear of any drinks. It was very tempting, but I kept thinking: “I’ll have a glass of bubbly and then what? Stop? I know I won’t want to stop. And then I have to go thru withdrawal again. I don’t want that.”

It worked, so far :blush::heart:

1 Like