Songs that help

Hey people,

I want to share with you a band called ‘Blue October’. There lyrics are pure and deep. Mainly about addictions. A song called ‘Fear’ is about the constant fear of our addictions lurking around the corner.

This band keeps me motivated to stay off the drugs and alcohol and makes me look forward instead of Backward.

On there YouTube channel the have got a weekly video following the 12 step program. It could be really helpfull for you guys : )

Stay Healthy, and you’ve got it

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m having a great one. Lemme know if you like them. There early albums are quite dark. But the new ones are happy songs. Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this… I was hesitant to listen at first but those lyrics hit hard in a good way. :green_heart:

:notes: "Believe in yourself & you will walk":notes:

1 Like

I’ve been a musician (drummer) my whole life. I love music and it is my therapy. I definitely use it a lot to cope with the tuff things in life. I recently watched a documentary on the neuroscience behind music and they talked about how listening to music when you are down (especially if the music is really speaking to your heart about the things you are going through and you are connecting with it) can help you process the negative thoughts, experiences, and emotions. Music really is therapy! I somehow knew this all along. My favorite musician/singer/song writer that I go to a lot, is Rich Mullins. I think it’s because I can relate to where he is coming from in his lyrics (and I really get moved/inspired by the music as well). He had a troubled childhood, he was “different” because he wasn’t good with working with his hands, but was more musically gifted. He never felt like he really connected to others around him and turned to drinking heavily to cope. He eventually met Brennan Manning and got into recovery. His music is full of the aches and pains that are so familiar to me in my own addiction (sexual addiction). I am excited to check out Blue October. Thanks a lot! :sunglasses::facepunch:

1 Like

I’ll try some Rich Mullins later this day. I’ll het back to you. Hopefully you liked them Blue October Songs : )
Have a great day!

Blue October is an amazing band. Thanks so much. I finally found another artist/band to jam to when I feel out of it and need to get back in a good place. I really like the lyrics, message, and the music is so chill yet melodious. Cool sound, fresh/new. Rich Mullins is deceased (1997), so he is much older and so is the sound. However, if you search through his many albums and songs, you will find that he is a true artist and song writer. Some of his stuff is ok, but the occasional song will blow you away with the lyrics and the way his music touches your soul. He is no stranger to the struggle and his heart is clearly seen through his songs. There is also a documentary about his life on YouTube called “Rich Mullins - Homeless Man.” Pretty cool. I like the 12 step study/lessons that Blue October does on their YouTube channel. Pretty cool.