Songs that motivate your continued sobriety

I just joined the forum today and this is my 18th day of not smoking weed. Music has always been my source of strength and emotional expression, so when I was thinking of a username, Britney Spears-Stronger immediately jumped to the front of my brain (don’t judge me, I’m a Millennial lol). Went to YouTube and played it a couple times and I’m tearing up with joy because as a kid I didn’t realize how powerful this song was.

I feel much better and more solid in my recovery after listening and was wondering do any of you have songs that really motivate you?

4 Likes

Tom Macdonald, Church

2 Likes

A Reason To Fight. By Distrubed. Incredibly powerful.

1 Like

My family and friends I’ve let down in the past. My journey to completing my second full distance Ironman triathlon. Living up to my potential.

3 Likes

Killswitch is one of my all time favorite bands :metal:

2 Likes

Love and Theft “Whiskey on my breath”. Great song to stay sober…

2 Likes

A couple of my favorite songs recovery related are both written and rapped by Macklemore! Not everyone knows but he’s been in and out of recovery for the better part of the past several years now.

I know for me coming back into the rooms was hard but Starting Over was extremely motivational for me!

Macklemore - Starting Over :pray:t3:
Macklemore - Drug Dealer :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

I LOVE KILLSWITCH, and yet I feel terrible that I don’t know this particular song. Going to give it a listen, thanks for sharing!

73 days weed free today. When I hit a milestone or dodge an urge, I play my sobriety anthem and it makes me feel so good because I AM stronger than yesterday :muscle:t4::muscle:t4:.

1 Like