Songs to calm?

Music is a big part of my life. Any songs to help ground yourself?

1 Like

What always works for me is Native American flute music. R. Carlos Nakai is a good artist. And the soundtrack to the tv special In Search of Angels.

3 Likes

I listen to medieval chant. Lots of good playlists on YouTube & other media sites

1 Like

I haven’t listed for ages but I always found the soundtrack to The Mission incredibly soothing. It’s very spiritual…but not really “churchy”.

2 Likes

Great movie as well!

1 Like

Love that movie and the soundtrack!

On Spotify I searched classical guitar music and made a Playlist for myself to calm me down. It’s surprisingly calming. I also find cello music very relaxing. If you have Amazon or Spotify you can search for that kind of music.

4 Likes

Lo-fi hip hop is my go to chill out music

1 Like

I love to hear some… Bilie Eilish :sweat_smile: angelic voice and most of songs are so calm. It’s kinda funny cus I’m declared metal head :metal: :joy:

I’ve always liked various versions of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen & other artists

1 Like
2 Likes

One Saturday morning I was really hungover, and my mother was cleaning house listening to Carlos Nakai. Reciently I was going through pretty harsh dt’s and remembered how Carlos calmed me. So I youtubed it and listened through the night.

1 Like

Lecrae- songs called "8.28

Especially when I’m struggling to fall asleep, Ólafur Arnalds’ re:member is a favorite album of mine to get me to relax. Super chill, but also really interesting piano/programming work that’s not too attention grabbing if you’re trying to focus or sleep.

I don’t know why, but for some reason my problems don’t feel as big of a deal when I listen to Jack Johnson. The Sleep Through the Static album always reminds me that life doesn’t have to be complicated If we can train ourselves to remain in the present moment :blush:

Like Christian music, especially the group, Casting Crowns. They sing a song called Just be Held. It reminds me that I have help carrying my burden. Zach Williams sings a song called Chain Breaker, and that one is special because my chains to addiction have been broken, and it reminds me I am free from drugs.

I oasis fan that was what listened to in my teens, but sometimes reminds me too much off getting off face and takes me back to them times

Lo-fi and I love the band Tycho!

Al Green’s greatest hits!

1 Like

Just pulled this album up on Spotify per your recommendation :slight_smile:

1 Like