Spiritual awakeing

Something happened and a peace hit me

14 Likes

That feeling is incredible. I’d never felt anything like it before.

3 Likes

Soak it in. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I wish that happened to me

2 Likes

I got sober in jail. My arrest date is my soberity date. I was locked up for 8 months before I wrote to a rehab and got a bed space. I was facing a 5 year charge. In jail, I got into a program that was spiritual based. We did bible studies every morning and evening. I started praying. Prayer gave me the strength I needed to get through each day. My spiritual awakening came when I saw my prayers answered. My higher power guided me out of the darkness and lead me into the light. Today I am 1 year 3 months and 14 days sober. I’m very greatful for my recovery and for the opportunity to draw closer to my higher power. :pray::sparkles:

19 Likes

That’s awesome

Beautiful experience. Thank you so much for sharing

1 Like

I had a spiritual awakening through working the 12 steps of Alcoholics anonymous. I also had a burning bush moment, but that only started my awakening. The steps are where true peace and serenity can be found.

5 Likes

Like a revelation, or spiritual moment when everything changed. Like when Moses saw the burning bush

5 Likes

I asked my sister yesterday what was a spiritual awakening that I’m hearing about in aa; she’s been sober for I think close to 40 years. I’m still a little unsure but kind of get the theory of it.

1 Like

It’s different for everyone. Usually it comes slowly, over time. You might not even realize until long after it happens

2 Likes

Thank you, that makes it easier to comprehend.
I asked if it was like a nirvana kind of thing…lol, and she had said for some it is!
I’m normally a skeptical (stubborn) kind of mentality but believe in spirit and God.

1 Like

It’s usually not a Nirvana thing in my opinion. Usually it is just working through the steps. Then you look back and see your progress and realize your spiritual awakening was happening all along

2 Likes