Sponsor and meetings

I am stronger than this. Its like I will say I don’t need a drink, then its like ok this is the last time or something will happen that I don’t want to face sober and I will get a drink my choice is vodka. Its cheap and gets the job done quick and it’s not like beer where you can smell it. I am so freaking tired of being regretful the next morning. Worried that everyone knew I was drunk or that they didn’t and worried about what I said. I ave constantly heard go to meetings get a sponsor. What would a sponsor do? I can’t talk to my significant other, she’s never had a problem like this. I know that I have to go to meetings sometimes that as an excuse like you know how we all know the last time we used or drank well sometimes I forget and then I feel like I’m not a real alcoholic because of that it’s weird. So I say that I will drink for example yesterday then go to a meeting today and then I don’t go to a meeting and it get to about day 4 or 5 and start having terrible withdrawals. Do meetings and sponsors help, what does it do for you?

Do you want to be sober? Obviously what you are doing now isn’t quite working for you. So go to a meeting. Admit you have a problem and ask for help. Can’t hurt. Probably help.

2 Likes

Meetings definitely help, even the not so good meetings and attend regularly at the start as you’ll begin to meet regulars regularly and find some one you are confident with to act as your sponsor, don’t just pick the first person.

I’ve joined a group now and it’s a good thing to do as I know I will attend it as often as I can, it incentivises me too as I want to ensure I am going back sober each week.

Give it a try and keep an open mind.

2 Likes