Sponsor! Help

About to be 5 months into my sobriety, I ve done everything pretty much cold turkey. I come to realize I can possibly use help along this journey.

3 Likes

I was the same way man. And good job on recognizeing this and being accountable and ready for help. A.a is doing wonders for me, is there any meetings at all going on in your town? My town has meetings again, go check one out you won’t be disappointed

4 Likes

Were you asking for a sponsor? I’d suggest a twelve step meeting like AA, as that’s typically a program specific thing and best done in person.

Many local areas have online meetings right now. Our group does and still is connecting people to sponsors.

I’ve got a sponsor and it’s been real helpful! Having someone show me how they did it.

But for ongoing support, we’re all here and have your back. The Checking in daily thread is a great place for daily accountability and support, too.

4 Likes

I went to a meeting once, didn’t think it was for me maybe I should try again, im better communicating 1 on 1…I’m at this place where I’m sober, but everything and everybody I dealt with revolved around alcohol, it honest feels shitty being isolated when it appears everyone else is living normal…But I do have better clarity, and feel better

1 Like

@CapriciousCapricorn Salute and peace and blessings to you, definitely appreciate the words…I’m being tested! Smh

1 Like

@Eke ill try the checking in daily thread, I can’t lie I been avoiding it for no reason :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

For me i needed a sponsor we became friends he passed away a few years now i sponsor today but he was agreat help on my journey wish you well