Sponsorship Advice

That’s the reading we have been referring to. I hope it’s the same one lol

1 Like

At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

Remember that we deal with alcohol-cunning, baffling,powerful! Without help it is too much for us. But there is One who has all power-that One is God. May you find Him now! Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon.

[Insert Steps]

Many of us exclaimed, “What an order! I can’t go through with it.” Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints. The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.

Our description of the alcoholic, the chapter to the agnostic, and our personal adventures before and after make clear three pertinent ideas:

(a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
(b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
© That God could and would if He were sought.

2 Likes

Thank you, for some reason I couldn’t get that part to copy so I was hoping she was just referring to that first part.

1 Like

I’m just glad you’re here pal! to me it doesn’t matter how anyone got sober. As long as the are sober and happy is alllllllll that matters:)

1 Like

Most of the people in my home group were/are on probation and we’re sentenced to AA (their words lol).

We do have one local group that thinks AA and their way is the only way. They are generally shunned by most of the AA community here (not saying that’s appropriate either)

1 Like

Come visit Syracuse! We can hit SMART AA and NA in one day lol.

2 Likes

I think we can not do this alone. Always we need someone else. Someone who had walked through the dark places where we have being

1 Like

If they happen to spring one up they are worth checking out.