Standing firm

You know when there’s a massive storm (craving, irritability, anger, restlessness, fear, discontent) I always heard its tuff to stand firm. But now I see its all about the foundation. When a palm tree goes through a storm its blown back n fro until its palms almost touch the ground but they are never usually uprooted. After the storm they stand back up,that’s how I want to be. Built apon a higher power & the program of AA its made possible to persevere as the storm passes. Stand strong palms

16 Likes

Love this! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

Good deal man!

1 Like

Notice that the stiffest tree is easily cracked while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind - Bruce Lee

4 Likes

Hard core sobriety bro wish you well

1 Like

Those trees are also very focused, they don’t have a bunch of branches out in every direction catching wind from every angle. My early sobriety was pretty much like you anecdotally said, a palm tree that bent but did not break, because I was only concerned with my sobriety and what it would take for ME to stay sober.

1 Like

Nice way to put it, I can relate!

1 Like

Thankyou for this it really helped me x

2 Likes

Great visual description of looking at strength and durability.LOVE IT :palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree::palm_tree:

1 Like