Stange feelings

I recently celebrated 1 year clean. Just wondering if it’s normal to feel depressed after a milestone? I have been feeling extremely emotional in the last few days. I am so much happier and have had such inner peace but my emotions are all over the place. I just don’t understand feeling this way and feel confused. Hope this makes sense.

4 Likes

I feel depressed or down after a milestone sometimes because I think i mourn the loss of a friend (weed for me) who seemingly had my back and supported me through really hard times I may have not made it through unless i had it. So I recon sometimes those feelings of nostalgia and the “good old days” comes back and we mourn the loss of that friend (addiction) like we wud a real person. But it’s exactly that. Just a feeling. And feelings shouldnt govern ur actions withput reason or logic. Acknowledge how u feel, be kind to yourself and remember ypur addiction is like an old abusive partner u finally left insight of their manipulation and hold on you. Do you want to knowing its abusive, go back to that partner? No. No. No. Just no. Feel. Acknowledge. But don’t let self pity and memories of empty happiness ruin what you have achieved. Much love. God bless.

2 Likes

Thank you. I app

1 Like

Appreciate your feedback very much

1 Like

It may be BS but for my mind I know this is why I feel bad about leaving things that are bad for me.

1 Like

No, it’s not BS at all

1 Like

I guess another reason could be that when we start out we think ‘shit, if I can get to a year/6 months/a week then I’ll be free of this awful addiction’ so we build it up in our heads.

But when we get There, of course, it is just like any other day. This can be v deflating for the reptilian part of.our brain that doesn’t understand logic and just wants the quick fix.

Well done on your milestone! Hopefully once you’re a little way past it you’ll be able to feel completely proud and happy about it as you should. Total inspiration for the rest of us!

1 Like

I know that it may feel like what you set out to do has been accomplished but your journey is just taking form. Each year marks another peel off the onion layer. Your journey is deeper now and you must find the inner voice that calls and follow it to your next achievemant.

Create a vision board and start the next phase of you. Your wings are now just starting to come to life.

Congrats on tye year.

1 Like

Sorry about all the typos!

Achievement!

1 Like

Could it be heightened expectation @Finallyclarity?
I suppose I kept my expectations low for fear of disappointment.
I’d done a good job on myself so my hopes were really geared towards not having done enough damage to kill me!
Allow yourself a bit of time to process the amazing thing you’ve done for your body and for your eventual wellbeing!

1 Like

Thank you all

1 Like