Start again

Hey all,

Unfortunately back on day 1. Started with just one and me being me that turned into an entire week every evening ive lost weight again and my skin is atrocious. Ive thrown all alcohol out that was left and got to a meeting last night.
I cant even say there was a specific trigger and i hold my hands up its purely me not having enough in place to stay sober.
Hope everyone is well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well that’s shit, learn from your mistakes and move forward. Make sure you hit meetings and go back to your toolbox of things you’ve learned, keep moving forward hun, yesterday is in the past

2 Likes

Hello , I relapsed recently after almost three months. Basically the same thing , nothing special just went for a walk and boom , shitfaced.
Grateful for it now , because it was different this time, I didn’t continue like last time , didn’t go on months long hell rides . And one important thing , with help and support from people here I went on my first AA meeting two days ago .

As Yoda says I will keep getting better at getting better. Hope you’re doing good , I am.

5 Likes

I’m glad you got to a meeting and you’re back! Wishing you well love.

1 Like

Thanks all :slight_smile: been out in the fresh air this morning as otherwise id end up hibernating ! Although thats what im doing for the rest of the day as my body aches and i feel so tired. Writing it all down too to look back on. Alcohol really is an awful awful poison

1 Like

Alcohol makes me feel like a prisoner. Welcome back!

1 Like

I did that same thing a couple weeks ago, too. I felt like I had awoken a sleeping monster. I felt out of control. Try to learn from it. Shake it off and try again. I just startes going to AA meetings because I felt so humbled and desperate. And now I look forward to those.

2 Likes