Started at meetings

I went to my second meeting today, met some amazing people, shared my story and fears of harming my son through drinking in pregnancy. Felt so much support and love it was amazing!
I am actually on 6 weeks leave from work for a student placement, and stepping away has made me realise I may actually have to find a new job. I work at a school with many children of addicts and with traumatic lives. Their behaviour often reflects this. At the same time, the staff/teachers have a serious binge drinking culture themselves and often come to work hungover, recalling their amazing nights out. And yet the judgement that they place on the students and families is quite severe.
It’s making me think that alcohol is like fire, and it’s safe as long as the structure and support and education and money etc is all in place, but the more you play with it, the more dangerous it becomes.
I’m amazed at how my perspective on almost everything is changing, the longer I stay sober.

3 Likes

Good onyou glad you liked the meeting they helped and still help me stay sober .