Started therapy today

I was finally able to get into a new therapist office today. It was great. My therapist really seems to know how to help me and I feel comfortable with her. She has diagnosed me with chronic PTSD from a house fire I had in December and I’m still having a hard time dealing with. She was impressed that I have gone 27 days now with no alcohol after I told her I was using it to self-medicate. I am excited for this new chapter and I can’t wait to see how it goes. One day at a time :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Good for you! That’s great news - sounds like a good step forward :innocent:

2 Likes

It definitely is. I am finally getting the help I need and it feels great.

2 Likes

This is amazing to hear.

I been through a dozen of therapists one I had really broke through with me. Shit made sense. I don’t see him anymore cause of insurance changes.

But a great therapist works wonders

I also have severe PTSD, with depression and suicidal ideations.

You put the effort in your gonna see results congrats

4 Likes

Glad you’re getting some therapy to work through it. You’ve made me think about some unresolved issues I have. I had a house fire 10 years ago and lost everything. Now that I think about it, that’s when my drinking and drugging escalated. Up until then, I only used drugs recreationally a couple times a year and only drank on special occasions. I’ll have to work on this. Getting to the root of my addiction has been a slow process but I’m getting there. This is what I love about this forum, sharing your experience may just help someone else. So I thank you for helping me today.

1 Like

I am glad my post helped you! I have always drank occasionally but once the fire happened I lost all control of my drinking and fast. Seemed like within weeks I was drinking every night and getting drunk on my days off from work. I was not helping my depression and PTSD from it by just trying to suppress it instead of dealing with it like I should have. My wake up call was when I decided to drive very intoxicated home. I made it safely but it may have turned out totally different. I am so glad I am doing this to help me get through my trauma and be a better and healthier person.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I can hear so much hope in your post, it’s amazing!!! What a difference when we feel heard and supported, I am so happy for you.

:blush::orange_heart::dizzy:

1 Like

You are absolutely right. :slight_smile:

1 Like