Starting a new life….. It starts NOW!

I had 10 days, then went and drank last night! Just need support I have never done this before. Don’t know what I’m doing or how to navigate this app! HELP!!!

7 Likes

Just need someone to talk too…

1 Like

Welcome Adam! What helped me in the early days besides AA meetings was spending a lot of time reading here on the forum. Here’s a link to get you started: Welcome to the forum! 2022

1 Like

Thank you And Hello Lisa!!! I just need to be on here and be able to talk with others! :blush:

1 Like

What’s great is there are people from all over the world on this forum. If you see a topic that interests you, jump right in and start interacting. The check in thread is a good one to get to know people and a great form of accountability. Here’s the link: Checking in daily to maintain focus #40

Don’t beat yourself up….and don’t look back because that’s not the way you’re going :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yes!! That’s right, not looking back! I have spent ALLLL day beating myself up about this and the guilt is killing me.

1 Like

Been there and done that many times!! Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start! Let it go, but learn from it :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome! It took me a minute to figure out the app too but reading some of the different posts helped me understand how to reply and show support. Congrats on your decision to start a new life, you won’t regret it. This group is filled with many amazing people who share their struggles, success and support. I am so grateful to have found this group and live for reading new posts! I think I am obsessed :heart_eyes:.

2 Likes

Hi Hollywood1024, Welcome to TS. You’ve come to the right place. One of the things that works for me is telling myself, Just don’t drink now or just done drink tonight. I can’t look at the whole thing, it’s too overwhelming. Breaking it down into pieces makes it do able. You can this. You’re worth it. Please be kind to yourself.

@Hollywood1024

2 Likes

Welcome Kalie. Thanks for jumping in. Perfect reply!

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

3 Likes

Welcome! Stick around, you will learn how to navigate pretty quickly. I found being active here really helped. What have you been doing to keep sober?

Hello!

I have just been working and keeping in touch with my BFF back at home! I’m stuck in LA with no car until I get to move back home…. So my hands are kinda tied!

Well, be active here. You can make some pretty cool connections here, plus there is a ton of advice.

1 Like