Starting over again, but this time feels different

Hello A.A. Family. After a few years sober I have picked up another 24 hour chip, but this time really feels different. I have a strong sponsor already only 4 days in. I feel that’s it’s CRITICAL that I work a solid program this time and a get down to the roots 4th step. I have been around the rooms since 2003, so I know what to do and I’m ready and willing to do what it takes this time!! I am new to this app, but like it so far! Live and prayers out to all, and I appreciate all of you!

7 Likes

Hi the best thing ive ever done is get a sponsor and start my steps… step 4 was quite upsetting 4 me but was so good when i got through it . I worked really hard on that step x

Agreed. I have got to work a painstaking 4th this time. I never have because I have been too scared to put it down and take a long hard look. If I don’t this thing will eventually put me in the ground.

1 Like

Welcome here, being on this app helps me a lot. Looks like you are doing all the right steps to recouver! :facepunch:
Hope to see you around often!

Yes alot of people say step 4 is the hardest… what i did was sit and done it when my house was empty one afternoon… it took the whole afternoon! And even then things kept popping up to put down… after 2 weeks i was happy with it … how do u get on with your sponsor? Cos mine is amazing i have no secret from her … we sat down together and i cryed through most of it … all the shame guilt jealousy etc was on them pages of my life … but my sponsor was amazing she made me realise alot of it was down to my own addiction … and we worked out the areas i need to work on … after we burnt it and prayed to let god free me of these resentments … and guess what like magic its worked ! I had a massive resentment over my partner… so bad i nearly ended my relationship… and my sponsor made me realise im not so bloody perfect myself lol … if u need a chat anytime about it im more then happy to help u x

1 Like