Starting over, again

I was almost three months sober but I completely messed that up, again.
3 days sober…

8 Likes

Welcome back @Shay. You’ll get this. What triggered you? Why did you relapse? What did you learn from this?

2 Likes

Hey @Shay. Nice to hear from you again. Hey, we missed you. Please don’t wait so long before checking in. We all need to remind ourselves regularly what brought us here. That helps to keep us sober. And congratulations on the three days (and the almost 3 months)! Let’s go for another! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everything that happened in the last three months triggered me.
April 13th I was raped.
May 2nd I had a miscarriage.
Went to Pittsburgh and got fucked over by a friend I went to see.
Came back home to my dad leaving.
And the love of my life, and my baby’s father died on June 8th.
I drank a bottle of vodka and tried taking my life.
What did I learn from this? I’m not sure.

1 Like

@Shay. Your story is a sad one. You’ve been through a lot of pain recently. I’m sorry for your loss. And life still goes on, doesn’t it?
Appreciate you sharing. It’s good to talk about it. And you are so loved here.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry @Shay. That’s a lot of trial to handle in such a short period of time.

1 Like

I’m glad you are back. And I’m sorry for all you have been thru

1 Like

Thank you guys❤

That is a lot to go thru @Shay, I am glad you are here and okay…and sorry you have had so much pain recently.

My prayers and positive thoughts are with you. May god watch over you and guide you through this difficult time. Dealing with a sexual assault is painful. I went through that years ago and I had to seek help with counseling because alcohol made matters worse and have been. Lots of :heart:️ coming your way.

1 Like