Starting over (again!)

I started drinking heavily a year ago. It’s become almost a daily thing but I’ve been on and off in terms of sobriety. I finally decided yesterday to get sober and I am really feeling the withdrawal effects today. I had to leave work because I got such a bad migraine that made me vomit and my body temperature was so high that I was sweating through my shirt. Recovery so far is absolute hell but I’d rather be sick today than continue with how I’m living my life.

3 Likes

Welcome. You will get through this.

1 Like

Try to drink as much water as you can. Hydration will help. Welcome!

2 Likes

It will pass. Be gentle with yourself. Hydrate. Lot’s of rest. Take a multivitamin. Eat good food. And when the craving for sweets hits, indulge it. You can get through this. Lot’s of us have. My first couple of days I’d wake up drenched in stinky sweat, heart racing. I’d jump in the shower, put on some dry jams, drink some more water, and go back to bed. Three days of this, and I felt better. Not great. Better. Then the sweet cravings hit. Thank the Lord for Little Debbie cakes. She’s “Saint Debbie”, patron saint of the recovering alcoholic, as far as I am concerned.

4 Likes

The withdrawal will I get better I swear, dont give up and take it day by day!

1 Like