The Little Thread of Sunshine šŸŒž (with a chance of rain)

Really glad your sticking around :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Good morning ! So glad your here. How u feeling todayx

2 Likes

Thanx guys for caring. This app is really cool. I feel so much closer to all of you although I donā€™t even know you in person. Iā€™m doing good. At work now. Fine. But had to reset and Iā€™m on day 1 again. I actually donā€™t really know if Iā€™m ready for all of this and thatā€™s why I wanted to leaveā€¦

2 Likes

None of us are ever sure if we are ready because itā€™s scaryā€¦but finally you come to realise that the alternative is much scarier. Iā€™ve been on and off here since last year but the more I stay on and read peopleā€™s stories and see peopleā€™s progress the more it has sunk in for me. Both what CAN be achieved and also the harsh reality of what CAN happen if we continue to bury our heads in the sand. Iā€™m more determined this time than ever. Primarily down to this forum and a lot of honesty and soul searching within myself and with concern for my daughter. I hope you stay at it. I started this time round 3 weeks ago and did have one relapse but got back on it. Normally with a relapse I would just give up again but I came on here and took advise and it really made a difference. Stay here work on your self worth and message any time you feel tempted. We all care. Have a hug from Northern Ireland and shoulders back and on with your day xx

P.Sā€¦when are any of us ever ready x :heart:

7 Likes

Hey you are right. And coming here has helped me a lot I know this. With my right mind in place I Know exactly whatā€™s good for me. And I know how happy I am when Iā€™m sober. How good I sleep. How much energy I have. How beautiful life is. But then comes the night and I feel so lonely with all my feelings. And instead of coming here and talk to you guys I grab a glassā€¦

1 Like

Well tonight when you are about to do that. STOP. come on here. Do what was advised to me ā€¦play the tape forwardā€¦you know how it will end and itā€™s not good.the next day you will be depressed lethargic and feeling shame. I donā€™t want that for you. Ride the wave when the craving hits. It WILL pass. Good luck. Maybe hear from you tonight when you would normally lift a glass ? :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Hoping you stay strong tonight!!! I know you can do it!! I had to avoid the beer isle in the supermarket tonight lol I actually had to actively think to not go down it crazy eh

2 Likes

Hey you sent that reply to me instead of sunshine girl :slightly_smiling_face: but she will see it anyway. I think youā€™re only new ! Youā€™ll soon get use to it :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

You can also do it. One day at a time, sheer will and determination and lots of love and support on here and anywhere else you choose :slightly_smiling_face:

OK. Thanks so much. It really means a lot to me. Thank you. I will come here tonight

1 Like

Sorry yeah still getting used to this :sweat_smile:. Whatā€™s happening in the UK today? Itā€™s a dark cold autumn night with snow on the hills in New Zealand

1 Like

Hey so letā€™s start again together. My urges are very bad at night. So I will come back here again later. What about you

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m in Northern Ireland and itā€™s actually s beautiful sunny day today for a change !! Itā€™s just after 10am and Iā€™m trying to motivate myself to cut the grass :roll_eyes:

Thanx for caring Natalie

Well that grass isnā€™t going to cut itself and the smell and satisfaction you get after is tough to beat so if not already get out there. Yikes thatā€™s as tough as place as anywhere in the world to stay sober I bet. Itā€™s pretty embedded into the northern Ireland culture isnā€™t it?

1 Like

You can totally get through tonight you have got this!

2 Likes

Thank you. I am very determined. I will get trough it.

2 Likes

Glad to see you are back .

1 Like

Nah itā€™s a beautiful place to live. Things have changed so much in the last 20 years. I loved it here just wish we had more sunshine !! I would always recommend people visit ! In rural areas the landscape is similar to New Zealand. Itā€™s no harder to stay sober here than anywhere else :slightly_smiling_face:.

And the grass MIGHT cut itself if the grass fairies appear !! :laughing:.

1 Like

Heya cate! What helped me alot was to get rid of all the alcohol in the house. Itā€™s to much of a temptation.

1 Like