The Little Thread of Sunshine šŸŒž (with a chance of rain)

Have a great day too

1 Like

So guys itā€™s 5:30pmā€¦ Normally the worst and most dangerous time is from now on until 8pmā€¦ Iā€™m full of will power and Iā€™m determined not to drink. At least todayā€¦ I just talked to a friend that suggested we meet up tomorrow because her boys are friends with my boys and we as families do things together. Last weekend we had a barbecue together and barbecues are a very very strong triggerā€¦ Sunshine. Being in the garden. At night with a barbecue and of course some wineā€¦ So I canā€™t say no because the kids play together but my mind wants to trick me againā€¦ We already had barbecues at their place and I offered to drive (because when I drive I never drink) so my husband could drink. This was totally OK for me and no-one offered me anything to drinkā€¦ So it works when I have a valid reasonā€¦ But at our place which was last time I did drinkā€¦ Which ended up like always having way too muchā€¦
Guys sorry for the long post just needed to get this out of my head since I am confused now what to doā€¦

2 Likes

Say youā€™re on antibiotics and canā€™t drink ? Once youā€™ve said it you canā€™t be seen to go against it. Find some lovely tropical juices or soft drinks that are s bit different maybe ? I can understand why that situation is a trigger but if you get through it think how proud you will be. Good luck xx

1 Like

I think u r so brave going to social events ā€¦ im still not sure i could put myself in that situation so early on in my own recoveryā€¦ its great u r thinking ahead the situationā€¦ x

Thanx so much. Social events are not such a problem as long as they are not at my place. Iā€™m a home drinker. Always liked to drink at home. Preferably alone so no one can see how much I drankā€¦
We will meet up in my friendā€™s place so I will have to drive which is awesomeā€¦

2 Likes

On antibiotics is also a good idea!!!

I can understand the home drinking thing ā€¦ that was me ! But i sat in my bedroom on crack and heroinā€¦ im so glad not to be in that dark place anymoreā€¦ x

5 Likes

Just Today. :slight_smile:One day at a time. You are in the right place by reaching out to others. One way we can get out of our addictions is to be of service to others. I will pray for you. Whats your first name?

Thank you. These words mean a lot to me and to a lot of others here

1 Like

You can just not drink @anon35096624. If you set your mind to it, you would be surprised what you are capable of. It wonā€™t be easy, but every time your mind thinks about drinking, deflect it, say no to yourself.

2 Likes

Oh by the way itā€™s Julia

1 Like

Morning Julia!:grinning:

Good morning Geoff. 3rd dayā€¦

Praying 4 u Julia

1 Like

Yay!!! Well done. Go girl!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Morning Julia I hope you have a good sober weekend :blush:

Hey there. I hope you are good? Iā€™m feeling great. Being grateful to the sober days I already have. The weekend will be challenging but Iā€™ve done already sober weekends and Iā€™m very determined to make this one sober too. Any advice?

1 Like

Really just to keep busy and away from temptation as much as possible or if not then to have a plan. It will get easier over time. If youā€™re alone lots of reading to distract you. Or long walks x

1 Like

My advice: If you donā€™t like whatā€™s behind you, quit looking behind you. You know whatā€™s back there. Youā€™re future is in front of you. Look there. Then look at where you are standing right now. You have a decision to make. Decide to be better, or stay the same?

If you decide to be better, then be better. Better starts with sober. Having a hard time with ā€œone day at a time?ā€. Break it into small pieces. You only have to say ā€œnoā€ to the drink that mattersā€¦the first drink. You can say ā€œnoā€ to one drink. When you do, you win 100% of the time. You just canā€™t ever say ā€œyesā€, because if you do the odds of there being a second or third or eighth drink increase.

Also, try to find one thing every day to improve upon. Pick something that gives you joy, or ignites a passion. Cooking or cross stitch. Bowling or Bronco Busting. Tennis or Tango. Doesnā€™t matter what, just do it better today than you did yesterday. Get better at getting better.

5 Likes

How you feeling now around trigger time x