The Little Thread of Sunshine šŸŒž (with a chance of rain)

Hi Sunshinegirl! What a good decision!
It makes all the difference. Please tell me how your 1st meeting went when you return!

Thank you that you are thinking of me. We went to the lake. To the playground with the kids and for a walk there. Then we had dinner there and only came home now. Was great because it kept my mind busy. And now Iā€™m to full to have cravings. Have to bring the kids to bed now. I was scared today because it is Friday but now Friday is almost over. Thank you so much on checking up on me. How are you doing and what are you up to?

3 Likes

This was my afternoon. With my two wonderful sons and wonderful husband! Sending a Pic now:

1 Like

6 Likes

Iā€™m good Julia I went to Newcastle county down by the sea with my daughter today. It was lovely. Sheā€™s doing exams at the minute so it was a break for her. Not long home. She has gone out with friends for the evening and Iā€™m reading and will watch a movie soon. So glad youā€™re doing well :blush:

Tiny cute children :blush:
Me and my girl x

9 Likes

Wow you look alike. Such pretty beautiful faces!!! Glad that you had a great time too!! Movie sounds like a great idea. I think I will do the same if I donā€™t fall asleep with the kidsā€¦

Either way youā€™ll be proud :blush:

1 Like

Thank you @YodaStevie. And thank you for reminding me of my own words. You write wonderful and it really helps reading your advices. Thank you!

1 Like

@Yoda-Stevie is the Dali Lama of TS !!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Day 5!!!
Starting the day with a 1 hour workout (jogging is my favorite). Feeling so great. The sun is shining and finally spring Has arrived. Spending the day outdoors with family and friends today. Wishing you all a great sober Sunday.

5 Likes

You seem so happyā€¦ i love your postā€¦ hope u have a great day x you deserve happiness x

1 Like

Thank you so much. Yes I am happy. Happy to be here. Alive. Sober. With a right mindsetā€¦
I hope you are doing better. And your Withdrawals are gone? Especially you also deserve to be happy. Giving you a big hug.

Ah yes im doing ok had to take a bit of my subitex last night as my body was craving heroin so bad ā€¦ im going to c my drug worker this week and do a slower taper so my body can get used to coming off my meds . I thought i could get off it in a few weeks but god has other plans for me ā€¦ thankyou so much for your kindness x x

1 Like

Now on day 6 and again I made a weekend without booze. Some weeks ago this thought was so unbelievable. Weekend without boozeā€¦ Unimaginable.
When my alarm rang this morning I was in such a deep sleep I didnā€™t hear it for a long timeā€¦
Havenā€™t had this for very long. Such good night rest.

With alcohol I would always wake up around 3am. Sweaty, hangover and thirsty. Then I would have these guilty thoughts and shame not letting me fall asleep properly againā€¦ Then when the alarm rang I would be sooo restless that I would be tired the whole day plus hangoverā€¦ God I really donā€™t miss this fucked up feeling!!!

Unfortunately I was in such a deep sleep that I needed a big mug of coffee in the morning. I still feel so tired actually a bit like being hungover but a better feeling because I know it is not from the booze.

Wishing you all a great sober start into the new week

5 Likes

You are doing brilliant Julia. Proud of you :blush:

1 Like

Well done ā€¦ im so happy for you ā€¦ i slept alot in my first month of recovery its our bodies detoxing and repairing the damage we have done ā€¦ i love hearing your happiness x

1 Like

Awesone start to the week. Keep it up.

1 Like

So pleased for you Julia. just run with these feelings and emotions and things will keep getting better!