The Little Thread of Sunshine šŸŒž (with a chance of rain)

Almost hitting day 10!!! Some Hours left till double digits. Iā€™m feeling so excited.
At the same time Iā€™m quite nervous and scared. Itā€™s Friday and beautiful weather which are 2 reasons normally to have an excuse to drink. I will def check in tonight!!!

4 Likes

You managed it last weekend and you can manage it again. One day at a time . Weekends will always exist but they are just days :blush:

1 Like

The sun is shining! I went for a walk last night with my wife and dogs. It was a lovely walk all around a lovely little Cotswold village, and countryside.
As we were walking into the village I thought Iā€™d love a nice blackcurrant and lemonade,veith ice.
I went to the bar, ordered my wife a wine, and as the bartender was serving that, in my head I had formulated ā€œIā€™ll have a pint of cider pleaseā€ ha I had to laugh. Always trying to catch you out that little demon.
Anywho it was a lovely cold, refreshing blackcurrant and lemonade.
Though the price was a bit high, Ā£12.50 for a glass of wine, a pint of BC and lemonade and 2 packs of crisps!!

That sounds great. You say itā€¦ this little demon in the head. But well done not listening to it. And so nice that you had a beautiful night with your wifeā€¦
Just the paying part doesnā€™t seem so much funšŸ˜‚

Yeah. Funny but it seems that when you go into the Cotswolds the price of things goes up 25%
Big tourist place because itā€™s ā€œso Britishā€

1 Like

Iā€™m late to this party, but no matter.

On the reality of the guilt and shame of the past, I find that I really had to dig deep into it to embrace it.

A big part of my mental illness that was my alcoholism was denial, and forgetting things on purpose and fracturing my experience and personality into separate compartments. My recovery has been about unifying and embracing all of my realities.

You know how Mother Teresa would embrace and kiss the very ill and filthy and the dying? I need to do that with the shameful acts I have done. I have to accept that they did happen and that I did them. Some of that work happened in therapy. A lot of the work happened with my 4th and 5th steps in AA. There is one other man on the planet who knows everything about me, my fears and shames, and yet loves me and to this day looks me in the eye with welcome.

I as an alcoholic have stolen money and broken trust and shat myself and paid money to professionals to hide and minimize the consequences of my drunken acts and my self centered attitudes. Who am I to judge anyone else? And by sharing my stories and always emphasizing how it got better, I can encourage another to share his story and get better.

Blessings shower on all of us when we align all our physical reality with all our spiritual strength.

4 Likes

I thought I would need to check in very often tonight because it is Friday (actually it is already Saturday because it is 0:30 am)ā€¦ And usually I get a bit nervous. But my 6 year old had other plans apparentlyā€¦ He fell so stupidly cycling todayā€¦ It was immediately swollen and he cried a lotā€¦ So we went to the ER of our next hospital. It was crazy. We just came home now. After almost 6 hours being thereā€¦ He broke his arm :cry: and I felt very sorry for him. Thank God my husband came with some food and took care of usā€¦

Although this is a very bad thing that happened today I didnā€™t even have the time to think one second of drinking. Was worried about my older son and the young one at homeā€¦ Time passed by and when I had network again out of the hospital the 10th day being sober ended :tada::confetti_ball:
Going to bed now. I am so tired. Wishing you all a wonderful night/morning /afternoonā€¦

3 Likes

Awww bless him Iā€™m sure he was in agony. And think how great it is that you were sober and able to take care of him. Be proud. Night night. Sleep well :blush:

1 Like

You are so right. Iā€™m so glad that I was sober in this situation. And Continuing to be soberā€¦ Happy saturday

2 Likes

Saturday night. Coming home from a lovely BBQ without any booze. Since I was the dedicated driver I had a very good ā€œexcuseā€ Im loving my sobriety journey. Fully aware of what Iā€™m talking to everyone. Being able to take care of the kids. And not feeling sick after drinking and eating at the BBQ. I just love it!!!
Day 10 coming to an end. Good night beautiful TS familyšŸ˜

5 Likes

Your doing so well I can tell in your words how much better you are feelingā€¦ Im so happy and proud of u my friend x

1 Like

Hey Natalie. Yes I do feel great. Thank you in believing me. This is the first time I feel complete without alcohol and I feel happy without it. Before I struggled each day. My complete mindset changed! Thanks to all of you here.
Wishing you a great Sunday

3 Likes

Donā€™t feel badā€¦ Iā€™ve hit the reset button so many times Iā€™m embarrased for myselfā€¦ Iā€™m still going to keep trying until something clicks. Longest Iā€™ve went is about 25 days or so and I wanted to reward myself for doing good, so I devided Iā€™m going to have 1 or 2 drinks and then Iā€™m back on my bingeā€¦ so I will keep tryingā€¦ my daughter deserves a sober mother. Especially since itā€™s just her and Iā€¦ guess I get lonely and thatā€™s when it kicks in got meā€¦ prayers for you to succeed in your journey

3 Likes

Just me and my daughter also I understand how you feel. She was out with friends last night and I drank. Reset button pressed. So angry with myself. Didnā€™t even enjoy it I never do anymore. But my journey has started and I will get there eventually. We just have to keep on trying xx

4 Likes

When I feel like having a drink I have a drink of something else, water, coffee, red bull, anything! Iā€™m new to this and on day 85

3 Likes

Hope your ok hun x

1 Like

I will be. Thanks Fran x

Sorry to hear of your little oneā€™s injury. Arenā€™t you thankful that you are sober and could care for him. This is one of the biggest benefits of my sobriety, according to my wife. I am always present in mind, body, and spirit. Present to deal with things as they happen, not drunk or passed out in my chair.

2 Likes

Yes @Yoda-Stevie. Thatā€™s exactly it!!! I thanked God from the bottom of my heart that I was sober all the way through to help him and to be actively there for him. I feel so thankful for every day that passes to be sober.

2 Likes

Ahhhh Adrienne. I feel sorry to hear you relapsed. What was the reason? Why? You did so well! But itā€™s good that you are here and reaching out. If you want to talk you can also PM me!!!
Thinking of you and giving you a big hug :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes