Starting over just turned 31

Hey everyone
Ive relapsed for the past month drinking every day pretty much. Im now coming up to day 3 no alcohol. I am still smoking tabacco but also want to quit when should i look at quitting smoking as i dont want to pysch myself out too much. Thanks everyone for the support!

3 Likes

I found vaping helped a lot. I vaped when I decided I didn’t actually have an alcohol problem and I could moderate so I vaped when I was drinking. When I realised I couldn’t moderate either I carried on vaping and gradually reduced from 18mg down to 0mg of nicotine before stopping completely. It’s a hell of a lot better than smoking and makes the step to giving up totally a lot easier.

Yeah I have a vapour ill try that ive got nicotine gum too. And thc oil so those things might help. Thanks again

1 Like

CBD oil would be a better option than thc oil. The oil would just be placing on buzz with another. I waited until I was 3 months into recovery before I worried about stopping cigs.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I just want to quit all these bad habits

1 Like

Hi! I’m also 31, just fell off for a month, and have a couple days back myself. Let’s be friends :slight_smile: haha. I dropped cigarettes the other day too but I understand your prioritizing. You’re doing awesome and know someone’s out here walking a very similar path. Best vibes to ya!

1 Like

Thank you! Do you think 2 months?

Yes lets be friends! How far apart did you quit smoking from quitting drinking?

I actually quit at the same time- but really because I happened to run out of my last pack right as I decided to stop drinking, and I’ve been so consumed with sobriety that I haven’t really wanted to get another. Just let yourself do what feels most comfortable :two_hearts:

Yeah I think I can try in a couple of weeks I set a quit date for the 10th August

Thank you! Yeah I think ill give myself a bit of a break for now with the smoking.