Starting over now

Im 18 years old and quitting alcohol again after getting blacked out by myself and nearly destroying my 2 and a half year relationship. The longest I’ve gone in the past few years is one month. I know I have a problem because I always have to get black out and never go a week without it. I’ve caused myself emotional trauma because of the stuff I do while black out. I’ve tried to overdose while blackout and regretted it the next day. I always try to sabotage my good relationships and do extremely embarrassing things. I’ve almost been arrested three times. I know I’m young but I think now is a good time to stop.

9 Likes

now is a perfect time to stop. I wish you well on your journey.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Wow you insight is amazing harness it and listen to your own advice ,you have a amazing life ahead if you if you choose to face your demons now.god bless you.

3 Likes

It’s a fantastic time to stop, for you see you are not where I am. You have more expected life ahead of you, than behind you. My ratio is reversed. I often wonder what I could have done in my 22 year drinking career, if those years had been sober years. How many fewer regrets might I have? How many more mountains would I have climbed? How many more good memories built with my family? I have come to believe that one of the worst things we can do is waste time. How much time did I waste drinking?

You have a great opportunity, which you might not appreciate the full value of. You can live a sober life every single day, for the rest of your days, with not a single moment wasted being wasted. Your future is in front of you. Get after it!

4 Likes

Thank you for the support! I’m on lockdown too that’s why I found a way to drink by myself and it was awful. I think I needed it to get better though!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You have a bright future ahead of you as well.

Thank you for the support! 17 days is something to be crazy proud of! Keep going

1 Like