Starting over now

Im 18 years old and quitting alcohol again after getting blacked out by myself and nearly destroying my 2 and a half year relationship. The longest I’ve gone in the past few years is one month. I know I have a problem because I always have to get black out and never go a week without it. I’ve caused myself emotional trauma because of the stuff I do while black out. I’ve tried to overdose while blackout and regretted it the next day. I always try to sabotage my good relationships and do extremely embarrassing things. I’ve almost been arrested three times. I know I’m young but I think now is a good time to stop.

9 Likes

now is a perfect time to stop. I wish you well on your journey.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Welcome to Team Sober ! :+1:

1 Like

Wow you insight is amazing harness it and listen to your own advice ,you have a amazing life ahead if you if you choose to face your demons now.god bless you.

3 Likes

Hey welcome, were all here for whatever you want or need to talk about I’m in the UK so everything’s locked down which is super helpful hopefully it’s the same for you? Much easier when the devils call is slightly muted :smile:

1 Like

It’s a fantastic time to stop, for you see you are not where I am. You have more expected life ahead of you, than behind you. My ratio is reversed. I often wonder what I could have done in my 22 year drinking career, if those years had been sober years. How many fewer regrets might I have? How many more mountains would I have climbed? How many more good memories built with my family? I have come to believe that one of the worst things we can do is waste time. How much time did I waste drinking?

You have a great opportunity, which you might not appreciate the full value of. You can live a sober life every single day, for the rest of your days, with not a single moment wasted being wasted. Your future is in front of you. Get after it!

4 Likes

Thank you for the support! I’m on lockdown too that’s why I found a way to drink by myself and it was awful. I think I needed it to get better though!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You have a bright future ahead of you as well.

I always drank alone every day of the week kids were in bed it would be my best friend but turned out to be my worst enemy I could finish off a litre of vodka easy and still be with it towards the end I ruined every relationship because I wouldn’t let anyone in. I’m on my what feels like hundredth clean slate I’m 17 days dry and this withdrawal has been an eye opener last time I withdrew in hospital due to sepsis so I had morphine this time taught me a lot.
You should be super proud of yourself first steps are massive!
If you can go an hour without a drink that’s a massive deal every hour is a step closer x

2 Likes

Thank you for the support! 17 days is something to be crazy proud of! Keep going

1 Like