Starting Over... Yet again

After many false starts, I’m celebrating Day 1… Again. New day, new week, new opportunities. I need to stick with it for my health and family. Any encouragement is greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Welcome. It’s a gradual process but something has to change in your life. For example for me, drinking was about escapism and boredom.

I am in the camp that nobody is really an alcoholic by birth. Our circumstances have allowed the drug a deeper hold on us than others.

1 Like

Maybe ameeting might help wish you well

Duder, Same deal here. Drinking heavily out of boredom for the most part. I grab a couple tall boys and a six pack, and just play on my phone or watch stupid YouTube videos, or whatever. Total waste of time. I’m closing in on day 30, and if I can make it, anybody can! I was a useless sloppy drunk. I quit for many reasons: health, feeling better overall, saving money, and I just got tired of being the drunkest one everywhere I went. It was embarrassing being done with a beer, when the company I was with had barely touch theirs. The only thing is difficult for me, was that there was a lot of fun attached to my drinking. I wasn’t violent or destructive at least to anybody besides me, LOL. I was just a goofball, but it was becoming too much of a joke. I was entertainment for everybody, and that just gets old. Good luck my friend! Pick something new to do. Get an old movies, grab some junk food, Make some tea, go for a walk whatever! We’re only here for so many days, and most of us have spent enough of those days going bottoms up. You can do it!

2 Likes

Sorry for the grammar. Talk text is a bitch

You got this!

1 Like

I totally relate to being a sloppy drunk and always being the drunkest one everywhere. So embarrassing. My off switch just doesn’t work 90 percent of the time. I’ve had that waking up from a blackout experience way too many times.

its easy to say that you have stopped drinking whenever you feeling down or hungover.
To actually quit is a different matter, it takes real effort and commitment. You dont hsve to be taught on how you can stop drinking because there is actually only one way to do this, you mind must not give uour hand permission to raise your glass

2 Likes