Starting today #1

Just starting my sobriety tonight. My husband had a talk with me and found out I have been buying and drinking alcohol behind his back… this is the fourth time he has caught me in three years. I want to give up but have so many time and went back. If I don’t stop I lose our marriage. I don’t want that. He means the world to me. Any help is appreciated

2 Likes

Warm welcome Jamie! This is a great first step. I’m glad you want to change your life. What really helped me is to read read read on here. Asking a lot of questions. Your support from husband is great. And apparently you have kids? They deserve so so much a sober mom. And what I learnt on here a lot was to “never crave alone”. If you crave come here. There will always be someone you can talk to! Looking forward to see you around :wink:

3 Likes

Hi there Jamie and welcome 🙋
Admitting you have a problem is a big step and you just took it, congratulations! :tada:
There is plenty to read here about your addiction and how to beat it. For me it helps to be here much. My doc is alcohol too. My day one is 425 days ago. Fill your fridge with nice healthy foods and alcohol free drinks. Herbal tea’s I found usefull too. In the first weeks I ate a lot of sweets so be sure you have them too :hugs:
Be nice for yourself and determinate and you will get there! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome. Keep reading and reaching out. This app is a life saver for many of us x good luck x

1 Like

Appreciate wht you have before losing it…
Few months ago I was in same situation but I didn’t do my best to stop… Until my wife asked divorce and she is my life…
Now iam lonely…
I wish to have your chance again…
Don’t lose it… Do your besttt. And You can :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Can you find someone you are willing to be honest wish and let them support your accountability? You husband does not sound like the right person to take on that role as it has not worked in the past. Accountability and support require my willingness to work in my life. If you are ready for that, start reaching out to others in recovery, in person is most helpful in my experience! Good luck, its infinitely nicer not to have to hide anything anymore :slight_smile: