Starting today, will be hard

Appreciate the support

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to respond ! Appreciate the support

2 Likes

Glad you’re here, Robert! Have you thought on how you are going to do it? We can’t do this shit alone, if we could we would have.

For me I went to AA/NA. Seemed like a good place to start and it has worked so far, as I keep putting in the work to stay happy and healthy.

We don’t have to or need to use/drink ever again. Welcome aboard man.

4 Likes

Admittedly, not a good plan yet. Focusing on the why’s, the benefits, daily Journaling. I certainly have thought about AA meetings but honestly they make me feel a bit nervous.

1 Like

Welcome Robert! Getting connected here is a great way to start. It’s here 24/7.

3 Likes

Welcome Robert.

4 Likes

Happy you are here! I joined 2 months ago and I had 1 reset, but tomorrow I’ll be at 1 month without 1 drop of alcohol! I feel sooo much better. It’s been hard but it’s worth it and it’s getting easier. Reach out if you need to. Learn you’re triggers. Remember the craving will pass!!! I promise it will. Just hold on. Breathe. Scream if you need to. Listen to loud music, dance, meditate, drink sparkling water, go for a walk, … You can do this!!! 10 years of drinking too much nearly everyday and here I am now. If I can do this, you can too :heart:

7 Likes

Robert, you and I are on the same timeline buddy (I just passed my 24 hour mark); perhaps we can be each other’s accountability buddies?

I commend your humility and courage.

6 Likes

Let’s do this, thank you for the offer. We can definitely be accountability buddies.

3 Likes

Best wishes:) I am just startin g out as well.

6 Likes

Awesome. I’ve been drinking (mainly boxed wine) nearly every day for years. I’ve wrecked beautiful relationships, gotten in horrible accidents, and just recently have basically lost my ability to function.

I finally realized that I hate alcohol. It has ruined my life and controlled me in so many ways.

I’m based out of Seattle. I’ve basically been bed ridden all day, but just got some soup down.

I look so forward to getting back in the gym.

7 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community its lo rly you have decided to join us all on our journey together :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome you can do it stay strong :muscle: this is a great community

3 Likes

Welcome to this community.
Determination for giving up the booze and starting this work is in itself a great step.
Think only in today, you do not have to beat a record, you have, which is much more important, save your life.
Good luck, you can do this!

3 Likes

Up early, cup of coffee and ready to go. How are you doing my friend?

1 Like

Best wishes! You got this.

1 Like

This place has been the best sobriety helper for me. Some really good people here. Check in daily and the good people here will help hold you accountable.

3 Likes

Thank you Twizzle, appreciate that

1 Like

So far, there has been nothing but good support and positive words.

Thank you too.

1 Like

Thankjs bones!

1 Like