Stayed strong... phew

I’ve just moved in with my boyfriend and his parents came round tonight with celebratory drinks. I have said before that I dont drink and that I haven’t drank in over 100 days now. They opened the bottle anyway and seemed offended when I wouldn’t drink and they literally poured me a glass. I just left it on the grass outside. It’s kind of annoying how people find not drinking so strange and it does make it harder but I’m so glad I didn’t drink it. I am thankful for this group as I remembered all the comments people made the last time I wanted a drink, and I thought how rubbish I would feel resetting my timer

23 Likes

Hugs. Drinking is so ingrained in society people think u are somehow not celebrating if u don’t drink. That is society’s problem not urs. Congratulations on celebrating in a way that is healthy!

4 Likes

Sober muscles are starting to show! Well done! Show them the benefits of sobriety and maybe they’ll start to understand. Keep going :weight_lifting_woman:

2 Likes

Well done you, forgive people their ignorance they don’t know what we go through. There either the lucky ones or in denial. Proud of you and congrats on your sober days.

3 Likes

That sounds frustrating!! I am so happy and proud of you…and you are hopefully also proud. Some people just don’t get it.

2 Likes

Thats very great will-power

Good work

Im sure you boyfriends family ment no harm. Maybe they still have to get to know you better and vice versa

Im routing for you

1 Like

how are you, if I remember rightly last time we spoke you were going to change a few things, how’s life treating you :smirk:

1 Like

Good job! You should be proud of yourself, your building strength and resistance. Keep going

3 Likes

Was that meant for moi?:smirk:

Life is good. Am getting insomnia from Wellbutrin (I think)…which is not good as I am getting up early to run. Started in therapy, that is going well. All in all much less anxious than I was.

How are you doing? I see your numbers going up!!!

yeah you :grin:

1 Like

yeah back in the groove, took a while but no going back now. I’ve had so many things happen where normally I would pick up but I’ve not had one craving and I just can’t see any benefit in it anymore.

2 Likes

This really makes me very happy.

1 Like

Seriously, very very very happy. :heart::heart:

Good for you Catherine! Setting some healthy boundaries there. Keep it up :+1: :smile:

1 Like