Staying clean while partner continues to use

Today, by the grace of my higher power and choosing to completely surrender, I am 52 days clean. I did 5 days of detox and 45 days is residential and I feel GREAT. But, of course after I got out, I chose to see my partner who is also the father to my son…he looks terrible. He is still doing meth and fentanyl and although I don’t have any cravings, I feel like its only a matter of time that I end up right back where he is if I don’t distance myself from him unless he gets clean…I continue to say the serenity prayer to myself and I thankfully start IOP tomorrow and find out if I get the job I want. The busier I stay, I know the easier it will be to stay clean. But, those of you that are in this situation…how do you do it…its so heartbreaking to see…I refuse to put drugs and him above my son any longer…I just hope I continue to be this strong.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community Taylor – You are doing great with 52 days clean! You should be super proud of yourself.

It is easier to stay clean while staying busy so i do wish you luck with the job :crossed_fingers:

It can be hard to stay clean while your partner is actively using.
You may want to check out the Are you affected by a loved one thread. It may be helpful in your situation.

1 Like

Congratulations on your days!!!
I know it is especially hard when your partner uses.
There is a thread about this here where some people talk about what they do to make it easier, and to vent as well. I’ll look it up and post it here so you can join it too :people_hugging:

1 Like