Staying sober... clean 3 days so far

What helps you keep going each day and staying sober?

Thanks for all the support sober family…

5 Likes

Awesome job getting three days! It’s a big accomplishment!
What helps me is seeing the progress that I’m making in my life without alcohol. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like much, but I have learned to make myself appreciate the little steps forward. Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Realizing all the blessings Life has to offer and sticking to a strong gratitude practice. Reading. Journaling. Lots of praying. And I think of all the progress and sobriety I’ve gained so far, and how I want to keep building upon that. Just one day at a time :v::dove::slightly_smiling_face:

Way to go on your 3 days!!! :clap::partying_face: best wishes for you to stay strong and find peace :star2::butterfly:

3 Likes

Gotta appreciate the little steps to get to the bigger steps forward!! Makes sense, thank you.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I like praying and journaling as well… I need to get into a gratitude practice… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::pray::+1:

1 Like

I will weigh what I have now compared to what was then and before…:heart::pray:

1 Like

For me is a couple of things that help me stay sober. First I would have to say this is something new to me so I want to see the new me, how I feel, how I deal with things now, how I see life from this side, after being a drunk for a very long time. Second I would have to say I didn’t think I would last this long, I thought maybe one week and back to drinking, really that’s the way I thought but it didn’t happen 110 days later I am still going strong thanks to God, he has been there all along. Third I would have to say the symptoms I felt the first month I do not and I REPEAT, do not ever want to feel that again, When I first felt them I had no clue they were withdrawal symptoms until I did a search on google. I thought it was me that I was ill or something, but it wasn’t it was just my body adjusting to the new me, hopefully this helps you. Stay sober my friend its gets better.

1 Like

I know 3 days doesn’t seem like much but CONGRATULATIONS​:star::star2::star::star2:
I started college back up and it keeps me pretty busy. I also have 3 kids and a wife, I babysit, exercise. Currently learning how to play Softball. I also draw a lot (just got back into it sense breaking my hand last Thanksgiving :grimacing:). I also started going to church and though some think that’s silly (I was one of those people), I found my amazing pastor who is also a formal addict and super down to earth and makes you want to be a better person.
One of the best things I did for myself at the beginning was write something different to do in my Planner. It could be going somewhere, creating something, grocery shopping, plans with friends or family ect. It helped knowing I had something to do each day and it would keep my busy.
I ALWAYS put a backup as well each day in case the first one didn’t work out.
Good luck on your journey :hibiscus::dizzy: