Staying up later than normal

Anyone else staying up later and later? This lock down has me just ignoring my normal bedtime. Or I just lay there and my mind goes everywhere. Sometimes I think this is all just a dream?? I keep buying things from amazon. And then feel bad that I’m putting the workers at risk. Ughhhhhhh :unamused:

9 Likes

Can totally relate to this. But, I think I’ve been drinking too much coffee through the day and it’s got me wound!

4 Likes

Lol. I’m not up buying anything. I am up later and later. When my mind runs to much and i can’t meditate. I listen to a dose of Alan Watts. Always gets my mental gears shifted. Coincidently he has a great talk on dreams. :grinning:

2 Likes

I know exactly how you feel. Like my gif. I feel like it’s Groundhog Day. If I go to bed I’ll wake up and still be in this nightmare. And Amazon!? I order something everyday. Just an hour ago I ordered more Pam cooking spray and dish washing liquid. I pick the no rush shipping. You get a 3 dollar digital credit. I’m doing my best to stay in and not go to the store. At least I’m not drinking. I don’t even want to drink.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

I have either sanded, painted, hot glued, labled or sewn everything in my house…only things that aren’t nailed down are the kids and pets.

Amazon delivery guy knows me by name.

9 Likes

I’m sticking to my one cup of fresh ground coffee in the am. Then its different types of green teas. I make a large cup and I make a thermos and I just nuke it when I’m ready for it. They say the green teas have a lot of benefits.

3 Likes

Swapping to green tea is a good idea, and I’d probably would not be tossing and turning right now.

4 Likes

Thank you. I will try listening to him😃

2 Likes

Green tea is a good idea. Yes at least we’re not drinking!! I haven’t had any urges lately. Thank god :heart:

2 Likes

Having a drink wouldn’t change a darn thing except make us feel like shit tomorrow and then we’d be beating ourselves up for it.

5 Likes

I like the Republic of Tea brand. Comes in a cute little canister.
Green tea Serenity
Ginger Green Tumeric
Ginsing green tea
And there’s a Lean Green tea I been doing too.

2 Likes

Refraining from buying anything i dont need but, its 4 am and i have been awake for over an hour already.

Yup, staying up later all the time. Only minor changes every day, but they are starting to add up. It’s going to be rough as hell when I have to be at work at 530 am again, whenever that may be.

As far as Amazon, I can have a problem with impulse spending. Luckily I’ve already got too much debt and very little income (my unemployment benefits are shit, just got confirmation yesterday) so the blowing money ain’t happening. Only the legit things I need. Yesterday had to buy my omega 3 supplement and it went up $20! Fuck that! Thanks, world! So yeah, that shit ain’t happening.

2 Likes

I’m awake too. Woke up about 3ish? Watching “Mom” haha. I hope to fall back asleep about the time my kids will get up… so that mean I’m up for the day lol :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ve been struggling with this too. Going to bed around 11, not falling asleep till after midnight, and waking up at 3 or 4 am. Its starting to get better. I’ve started going into my work (closed restaurant) and deep cleaning kitchen equipment. The physical work is starting to pay off for me, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

4 Likes

Yep. Have almost gone Nocturnal haha

1 Like

I think everyone is a bit out of sorts these days. I know I am.

This is where discipline really shines. I am trying to keep to my regular schedule and habits (with varying degrees of success) as much as possible. Waking and sleeping during my normal times. Exercising during my normal times. Watching my diet, and keeping to my reading schedule. Have to remember that “discipline equals freedom”

I need to be mindful that I don’t catch the COVID-19. Not the virus. The 19 lbs I could gain from eating out of boredom and stress.

6 Likes

This cracked me up @Muffin1226. Will you be providing us with an update about the kids and pets next week? I wanna know if they get glued, painted, labeled or sewn. I think you should set up a poll on the stupid polls thread. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I still get to get out and go to work but it feels weird at home i was bored and bought a recliner lol my daughter is so bored she took the old couch apart. I’m a little nervous I’m going to get tempted my weakness is drinking at home and now I’m home more in the weekends since the lock down

I’m gonna have to fine this poll thread. I will make sure to tag you so you can have an update.

2 Likes