Still here yo

Wow, it really feels like I’ve been back on this journey a lot longer than 13 days. Makes me realize how far I’d travelled when I got to four months, and If I’d stayed the course I’d be getting close to 6 months. Yep, starting over sucks. But I’m not overthinking it. Just trying to enjoy being proud to be back.

That’s all. Oh, I did fall off the gluten/dairy/sugar wagon though. That shit’s in everything.

8 Likes

If all you’ve done is come off your diet you should go ahead and put this one up in the win column. Once you string a few 24 hours together and get comfortable in your sobriety you can get back on the diet. The longer you’re clean the easier it will be.

What’s the big deal with gluten? Seems like a fad to me. Unless you have celiac it’s not demonic.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve been on a medical journey the past three years trying to figure out why I feel dizzy, faint, off balance, or sometimes like I’m just going to lose consciousness. Numb feet too. No medical explanation, so experimenting with diet to see if it has any effect on my symptoms. If I wasn’t desperate to try anything to feel better, I’d have no reason to give up gluten.

I hear you. This last month has felt longer than any month in my life. Then I realized it was because I’m constantly focusing on today. The right here right now thing. Makes every moment and everyday of my life feel a lot longer. Maybe that’s a good thing???

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it like that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried low sodium? Sounds like it could be similar to meniere’s disease?

1 Like

Diabetes also could cause symptoms like that. I get raynauds where my hands and feet get super cold easy and if I don’t take care of it right away, I end up with purple or white colores hands. Luckily I’m pretty good at catching it. Though, to be totally honest, drinking in the winter is what kept it from happening because instead they were flushed and hot from the booze. But I figure with better health, maybe that will be my saving grace next year. Glad winter is almost over now, in the clear for 6 more months now! :slight_smile:

Congrats on your 13. For me, I always found gaining mastery in one area gave me the mental and emotional ability to tackle another, but if I lumped it all together, I tended to fail at all…so perhaps just try no gluten or no dairy to start and work on that for a 3 or 4 months first and see how that feels. Personally, I would wait until I felt truly confident in not drinking before trying any restrictive diets. Give it more time to settle in and become normal. It is a marathon, not a sprint.

2 Likes