Again and again.
I don’t know what to do.
Please help.

1 Like

What are you using?

1 Like

Weed, alcohol, cigarettes.

2 Likes

That sounds like a larger list than you need to think about. Let’s just focus on one. Which one is really eating you right now?

1 Like

Cigarettes and alcohol

2 Likes

Okay let’s just focus on the alcohol. How much have you had to drink?

1 Like

I drink daily

1 Like

I’ve not done that.

2 Likes

If you will let him and follow his suggestions @SobeeDad can really help you out here buddy. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
And so can @Fargesia_murielae

1 Like

Ok ok . I will do it.

2 Likes

How much have you had to drink today?

1 Like

8 pegs. Cigarettes, weed.

1 Like

As much as I would love too. I can’t un-drunk you brother. Are you in a safe place where you can finish what your doing today and get some sleep?
Could you tell me about how your drinking is effecting your life?

3 Likes

I want to quit everything for my health only.

1 Like

Yes I’m safe. I’m at home.

1 Like

I’m afraid because I’m hurting myself.
My health is good I guess.
My goals are to be clean and sober.

2 Likes

Sound’s like a very reasonable goal. Something must’ve pushed you to this goal. What happened that caused alcohol and weed to have an adverse affect on your life?

3 Likes

At one of my first meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous some men reached out to me just like the ones that have reached out to you here.
One of them put his hand on my shoulder and said “you don’t have to drink today Gabe. you never have to drink again if you don’t want too”.

So far, those words have rang true with me. Those same guys really helped me through those early days. I too drank every day. So I didn’t know how to Not drink. Ya know? Those guys helped me learn that.

So I suggest to you to keep talking to some folks here that reached out. They/we are sober. And if you want what we have and are willing to go to ANY length to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps.

5 Likes

There are many many people from all walks of life that become addicted to substances. I was once very much like you. I wanted to quit but it went much deeper than that. I was un-able to see what was happening to me and unfortunately what it was doing to my family. I didn’t realize how much i was hooked. A friend told me that it wasn’t my fault and that was an amazing feeling. That i didn’t have to do it alone was a powerful feeling. I suggest you spend some time now while to fear and guilt are still in you to seek out a support group such as aa, smarts, etc. There are many resources and many who can answer questions. Don’t rely on solely self help, it was not enough for me.

2 Likes

Irritated.
Not feeling good.

1 Like