Stomach problems since quitting alcohol

I’m 45 days sober today , the last week or so I’ve been experiencing bad gastritis it’s been coming and going ,the last time I quit drinking I made it to 32 days and had the same issues ,I went to see the doctor yesterday to get anti acids meds to calm it down ,I’m just wondering has anyone else experienced stomach issues when quitting substance abuse thanks for feedback :blush:

2 Likes

I won’t go into details, I’ll just say YES!

3 Likes

Yeah, this is a common issue. The recovery book explains it in some detail. Good luck and ride it out

2 Likes

I’m going through the bloating and all that now. Basically the stomach is healing itself from the burn damage caused by alcohol. Depending on your consumption it can be over a month of so of this crap but it’s really nothing to worry about unless you’re feeling right side pain which could potentially be something associated with your liver. The symptoms reduce as the GI track repairs so just wait it out.

1 Like

Yes. I feel like there’s like a hole/voie in my stomach in the mornings sometimes and it’s very uncomfortable. Told my dr and he prescribed me Nexium or something. Really hasn’t helped much lol try going on a pro biotic regiment maybe

1 Like

Probiotics are super helpful for gastro intestinal issues. Natural remedies you can try are: Tumuric, Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, Celery Juice, including more fiber in your diet. All of these will help your GI digest and absorb nutrients as well as expell waste!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :blush:ya I suppose the way I used to drink and not eating much did alot of damage over the years so my body is just getting used to proper digestion it’s good to no :grin:

1 Like