Stopping nicotine

I picked up smoking while i was withdrawaling i was up for 3 days and going outside in the cold to smoke a cigar was somthing that helped. Now its a habit and i know im going to be a grumpy piece of shit when i get off it… i think i might go the patch route again… uhhggg man i feel so bad my wife had to watch me wiggle like a worm for a week. I really damaged her and im not ok with that. She did put her ring back on so thats awesome to see in my sobriety!! I need to kick nicotine!!! Hewlp lol

4 Likes

One bad habit at a time, i have tried kicking both at the same time ie booze and fags and ended up back on both because the stress was awful, i sometimes use a nicotine inhalor which is good and also nicotine gum, i intend to kick the fags when i am more comfortable with sobriety

@Treytrey Scroll through this thread if you want. Might be helpful. My journey towards sobriety started with quitting smoking 2641 days ago. I quit cold turkey, withdrawals were quite something but on the other hand it wasn’t worse than something like the flu. I never was addicted to opioids but withdrawing from those must be harder.
You can do this too. Success.

3 Likes

Allan Carr, easy way to stop smoking is a great read, I thinknthe audio book is free on youtube.
He encourages you to smoke while reading.
Good luck

3 Likes