Store Bought/Restaurant Chain Foodie Wannabes!

Hi! I love & follow Foodies Unite, but let’s face it, we don’t all cook or visit restaurants regularly. I wanted to start a thread of ANY store bought food/frozen meal or from restaurant chains. I’m hoping to open up ideas of food that any non chef can buy, try and/or recreate. Anything works, meals, snacks, frozen pizza, favorite sauces or drinks. Any go to you keep in your fridge, freezer, cabinet or pick up.

I will start with a few: Nathans all beef hot dogs, no ketchup. Ben & Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough core. McDonald’s McDouble, hold the mustard/ketchup, add Mac sauce (poor man’s Big Mac). Heard they’re bringing back the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, YAY! Hope you join, would love to see food from the US and around the World. :+1:

9 Likes

Great thread idea! My husband and I are big fans of this brand of frozen pizza, especially the supreme. I didn’t know the company is based not far from me!

5 Likes

I’ve seen that brand at Jewel, now I want to try, thanks!!

1 Like

Make sure you pop out the cardboard mustache and wear it!

4 Likes

Am I seriously the only one here that almost never cooks or grabs fast food or pizza?:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:
At least Rosa bakes a frozen pizza on occasion.:hugs:

3 Likes

Trader Joes!! Just this week I bought some chicken tamales and served them with salsa. And I also got curry chicken to serve with brown rice. The tamales and curry were from the deli section and weren’t frozen.

I have picky eaters or otherwise I would get a bunch of other frozen foods there, like lasagna or Mexican food. They also have a really good uncured pepperoni pizza but I haven’t been able to find it lately.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll admit I have a taste for an occasional drive thru fast food meal! Not too long ago I had a Wendy’s crispy chicken sandwich meal and was surprised they put pickles on it, yum! I’d also forgotten how much I like their fries :fries:

Also a sucker for a McDonald’s quarter pounder with cheese, but my husband detests McDonald’s so I go rarely. He liked the Wendy’s also :blush:

We also get Domino’s pizza around once a month! We don’t have a great selection of pizza joints where I live but that does the trick for us and our pizza obsession.

2 Likes

I wish we had a Trader Joe’s :sob:

2 Likes

I love Trader Joe’s! I used to work in the same town as one, it’s really not that far away, I need to go back. I used to love their Orange Chicken in the freezer section.

1 Like

Yum! This is my dairy free version😃

7 Likes

I am in Canada so brands and stuff can be different, but lately I have been into canned tuna salads which include veggies and sometimes couscous and rice… I’m sure they’d have em in the States too. (or, buy off Amazon) They’re in the canned tuna section.

Sooo convenient to throw in your work bag in the morning

7 Likes

Hmm, now I will need to look, I think all we have is tuna/cracker kits or flavored tuna. That’s a great to go lunch idea!

1 Like

These are in the Costco freezer department, soooo good!

evol

7 Likes

I don’t have a Costco either! :sob::sob::sob::sob::rofl:

Oh nooo! I would be eating fast food every night! :rofl:

I’m in Canada too but I have not seen those. I’m going to have to look for that. It looks great!

1 Like

These are great for a last minute, healthy meal. We get bagged quinoa and brown rice. I am usually a from-scratch cook but these are great when either 1. I am just not feeling it. 2. Kiddo is hungry and I am not 3. The other way around.

6 Likes

We love Trader Joe’s. Their treats are the best. The Holiday Joe-Joes are amazing. We also used to get a vegetarian lasagna from the frozen section that was really good.

1 Like

Geez Rosa, you need to move to a new city!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah, the small town life has its charm, though! :sweat_smile: :grimacing: I mean, probably? :rofl:

3 Likes