Straight edge/Hardcore thread

Does anyone know of any current straight edge bands or groups?

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!
Tagging @Hailstrom in case he can make any recommendations.

1 Like

Welcome @SES4LIFE

I know a few yeah. If you haven’t heard them already try Harms Way, xbishopx, Trapped Under Ice, Knocked Loose and True Love. All really good. I’m more a fan of the older 80s and 90s bands myself tho :+1:

3 Likes

Thx I’ll try them out.

1 Like

Its a subgenre of hardcore punk whose bands and fans typically follow an abstinent lifestyle. It started with Minor Threat in the 80s and other bands like Youth of Today, Gorilla Biscuits and Chain of Strength followed.

3 Likes

I would say so yeah.

I was, but just because I liked the music. I certainly didn’t follow the lifestyle :disappointed:

1 Like

@Templar13 is into this stuff. I miss his posts he always had the best band t-shirts!

1 Like

I’m doing goooood still sober almost at 18 months just been busy with life work and my daughter miss all u guys

11 Likes

Judge last year it was an amazing night!!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Nice! Good to see you doing well :facepunch:

I’m reppin GB over here :muscle:

7 Likes

another shirt i got at their show

4 Likes

Berthold City (fronted by Andrew Kline of Strife)
xELEGYx
Magnitude
Dead Heat

…and tons more.

Old schoolers Strife put out a new album a few years ago that was hard AF.

GB is rad.

GB is on tour with H20, Agnostic Front, and Wisdom In Chains.

I WIIIIISH it was coming to my town.

2 Likes

Holy shit that’s rad. I’m gonna check it out.

1 Like

Toby from H20 was talking about it on his podcast. I think all the dates are overseas, but I could be wrong.

Sweet! I jut checked, there’s one show March 27 in S.F., but I’m seeing Tiger Army in Santa Barbara that night.

3 Likes

i remember going to a straight edge punk show in oakland about 15 years ago and thought it was soooo weird that all these young people (my age) were not ‘getting fucked up’ with alcohol and weed.

1 Like