Stress and Anxiety

Was doing so good and messed up last night. Bought 2 bottles of wine and drank most of them. Feel like absolute garbage now.
I know what happened, I’ve been having some health issues lately and the anxiety and stress from constant thinking about it has been too much to handle. I knew the alcohol would make me quickly forget. I dont want that to be my answer, I just dont know any other effective way to get my mind off of what’s stressing me out. Distraction only helps for so long.
Guess I’m starting over.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry to read of your struggles. All I can say is, when you get knocked down, the only thing that matters is getting back up. Maybe try to find a meeting? Believe me there’s millions of people out there fighting the same battle. If that’s not possible just Keep talking to people here. In my experience this is a safe place and everyone here is pulling for you!

2 Likes

Meetings make it easier to cope as SNS says maybe try one wish you well

Alcohol is a short term solution and the day after it makes you feel more worse :neutral_face:
Finding distraction or treating yourself with nice food isn’t the same as alcohol, but is a better long term solution.
Stress an anxiety can be caused by alcohol too.

3 Likes

Stay on here and continue to talk it out. You can not do this alone and you have a huge support system on this app. Look at it is a learning, teachable moment. Today is a new day and you can move forward-if you choose to. Alcohol will not help with your health issues, come here, read and vent. That will help you more in the long run…wish you well and keep your head up

1 Like

How’s it going today, Jen?
A couple bottles of El cheapo vino always did the job for shutting down my overthinking about my stressors. But when it wore off, it was just another bag of crap for my head to deal with.
Stay strong in the moment. It’s hard sometimes, but worth it, as you know.

3 Likes

Doing better today, and I knew exactly how I’d feel yesterday but did it anyway for a few hours of peace.
Didnt matter because the health issues are still there, I need to learn other ways to handle it. Thanks for checking in though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I deal with alot of anxiety too and best advice from me is just to find something that keeps you away from those feelings and thoughts. I watch movies, series, try to find New music. Jogging, studying something i like it could be what ever. It takes time to recover from anxiety but eventually it gets easier. You learn to cope with a lot