Stresses out

Im moving to a new city with a new job in a short period of time it seems overwhelming at times

9 Likes

Best of luck to you on your new adventures. While it may be overwhelming at times and stressful I’m sure there will be plenty of good there too. Try to take it one step at a time. Best wishes

4 Likes

Mhm I can understand why you feel overwhelmed. Life generally is overwhelming to me if I try to tackle more than 24 hrs at a time. I can schedule things for the future but that’s as much of my attention I give them until the day approaches. I find staying in the present helps with all those feelings.

4 Likes

I have trouble staying in the present these days

3 Likes

Being mindful is definitely a skill that we all need to practice.

Do you meditate?

We are doing a challenge this month so if you don’t this would be a great start for you. If you already do it might be a way to keep you accountable.

Meditation Challenge - Feb

3 Likes

I also use an app called insight Timer which is very helpful to refocus my mind into the present moment.

It has sooooooo many different type of meditations and other types of practices for free. I highly recommend it.

3 Likes

Ive never meditated before but If it can help me I am willing to try

4 Likes

How exciting! Big change for you

3 Likes

Yeah I am sure you will find some relief.

If you can download that app there are lots of guided meditations.

You can search

“Meditation for anxiety”
" Meditation for beginners"

Whatever you like they you will see some benefits, and come join us on that thread I linked. It will probably help you to participate with us too… help you get out of your head.

3 Likes

Think of all the amazing new experiences your going to have in a new city and in a new job :raised_hands:

Change is exciting when we are clean and sober :innocent:

3 Likes

New adventure wish you well

3 Likes

Don’t worry buddy, just know that you’ll be alright, everything will work out better than you think my friend :wink: I can be so easily overwhelmed… Especially if I give in to depression or social anxiety amongst other things… But I’m trying and feel the difference in happiness when I am! :slightly_smiling_face: Currently inspecting new places, starting a new job next week, gradually engaging in socializing again and sorting out things my past let go… I still feel a little strange, maybe even subconsciously vulnerable and anxious, but life isn’t as ugly as our slightly miswired minds might tell us - and if we want to rewire that, takes the kind of love and effort many of us maybe never knew. Good on you for taking these steps mate!! :muscle: You’re a legend man, stay strong, keep your head up and try to be mindful of your life… It doesn’t all need to be positive - in fact being matter-of-fact is good sometimes, it’s not about what’s easy, but what’s best my friend, I’m sure you haven’t come this far without understanding and thinking just that though :heart: All the best ey! :v:

1 Like

Love all of your posts here actually Stella! And since my last resets and depression, can really feel that present-thinking hit deeper than ever tbh :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! Tbh the socializing vs loneliness kind of scares me

1 Like

Thank you very much