Strong pain killers while 3 days sober?

So day 3, I have the worst sciatica in my from my 35kg son jumping on my back spontaneously (he over half my weight!) I never usually take prescription pain killers but have some codeine…yes or no?

I would strongly reccommend medical attention! That sounds painful :frowning:

As a medical professional, I would absolutely get it checked out just in case he did something more to your back.
As an addict… don’t do it. Is it at all possible that you’re using this as an excuse, maybe subconsciously, to use something you’re trying to free yourself from? Maybe your dr can prescribe something else, less risky for you. Your journey is so new, don’t risk it!

2 Likes

I just had knee problems. I was nervous about the same thing. I did go to the doctor and got some non narcotic anti inflammatory medicine and a nice shot in my knee. Just be careful I would try the newer non narcotic stuff. Thank arthritis style meds.

1 Like

Hi Diana, I took 2 codeine tablets and asprin and my husband gave me a good massage. Turned out it was coming from my leg. Woke up feeling so much better and positive. I hate codeine. Upsets my head and tummy so not anything I am eager to try again. It is my nemesis. But helped last night. Won’t be going back again! Thank you

It was! But alot better now!