Struggles in day 5

Day 5 and I am having a morning. I can’t find anything. I am sober and I can’t remeber where I put my work clothes. Tore apart my room looking for it. And still no uniform my nervous are shot this morning. I am struggling early in this day! I just want to cry.

4 Likes

I understand. Your mind will be frazzled. Take a deep breath. Let’s think. Did you maybe leave them in the dryer?

Take a minute to stop and breathe. Clear your mind of the panic and the thoughts of thinking you can’t do anything. You got this! Do you have certain areas where you always lay your things or clothes at? Maybe your uniform is near those areas.

1 Like

We’ve all been there (me, too many times!) Early days your brain is in a fog, your sleep is poor, your routine is changed - it is hard! This is a good opportunity to practice acceptance and letting go. Short attention span is normal early days (“Accept the things you cannot change”) so take a deep breath, acknowledge that this is temporary and you can get through it, and remember what is important: you are sober today, you are alive today, and you are on the right path. That is a good day! You will find your uniform, I just know it, and you’ll have a better day tomorrow. It does get easier! Draw strength from the positives: in the face of a struggle you asked for help rather than turning to a drink!

Yes I get this. I honestly cant believe how I was able to keep things in order better while I was drinking than I can now. But just try to make a routine for yourself, write everything down or set reminders in your phone, whatever you need rn to stay a bit more organized. Once your brain gets used to being sober things become less cluttered feeling up there. Seriously. Take a breath and relax. You’re sober! That’s amazing.

1 Like

I my opinion you’re almost over the worst hump (3-5 days). Keep your head up it gets a lot better!

2 Likes